HP Elitebook 8570w Help

Thawsome

Hey guys, i recently got started with getting an eGPU setup working on my HP Elitebook 8570w (Windows 7) . I am using the expresscard slot for the eGPU, as well as a GTX 750 graphics card. Currently my laptop is running a QuadroK100M which is pretty pathetic. I got the eGPU to run, but my laptop does not seem to be running off of it and i ran into error 12. I tried to disable my QuadroK1000M but that did not really do anything other than make games crash when i tried to run them. I did read about the DSDT override and the eGPU setup which could fix my problems, but i was wondering if there was any way to know whether i would run into error 12 with a different graphics card (i do not really understand why i am getting error 12). And also, is there anything i could actually mess up by doing a DSDT override (or screwing up while doing it) ? 

Hey guys, i did decide to buy the eGPU setup 1.3 and i installed it and everything. But now after actually using it my eGPU is no longer even recognized, any tips??

Edit:  I have now installed Windows 10, and now the eGPU setup is not doing anything at all. I do not have the option to use it when i boot, any ideas?

Edit: I got the setup to run on windows 10, but i still have the issue that as soon as i do the compaction and boot my laptop the eGPU no longer even shows in device manager.

Edited by Thawsome

I got the same problem. The eGPU has been recognized from my pc but two days ago my pc (asus x53sc) doesn't recognize it anymore.  I think that is your same problem but i doesn't buy the eGPU Setup 1.3

This problem has happened to me two times. The first time I resolved this problem by replacing the wifi card in the mPCIe slot but now this trick for me doesn't work anymore.

You should try.

• 11 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.