hello techinferno!

new the the forums, so i hope i dont get eaten alive, i tried to search for current posts, and im getting a couple older posts regarding bizon tech external gpus for macbook pros, as well as akitio, 

im not looking for a large external gpu housing, looking for something that im able to travel with(put in a backpack), so purchasing a gaming pc is out of the question, ive looked at bizon tech, and im getting mixed reviews, i see great comments regarding their products, then im getting that you shouldn't even consider it, 

here is the link from bizon tech

https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/

keep in mind id be paying in CAD, so i'd prefer if it was a Canadian website as the exchange on the dollar is a killer

4df0e96fac.png 

current macbook specs, havent upgrades to ssd yet, currently in the middle of some work, and i dont want it to corrupt by any means

Edited by Zedd

Well i was like you when i first heard about EGPU , and Bizon was the first thing i thought of , but if you want to know that Bizon is actually Akitio with some upgrades . + $300 :P 

Bizon is too expensive , for what ! i dont know . 

I have akitio and it runs well , with gtx 980 ti . 

if you want to get small EGPU and not too expensive go for Akitio . and get small card that fits inside along with power supply . 

• Thumbs Up 1

All that we know about Bizon is posted here: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7921-rip-off-alert-bizon-box-2-is-an-overpriced-modified-akitio-thunder2-enclosure/&page=1

To summarize it:

- It is based on stock hardware

- all parts are available on the market

- Bizon only drilles some holes and addes the cable/adapter

Since your MacBook has only a dual core CPU, TB1 and a low res display you should be fine with a GTX 960 or max GTX 970.

Building and installing the eGPU can be achieved with the help in this forum.

Take a look for this parts:

- AKiTiO Thunder2

- EVGA GTX 960 (the one with only one fan)

- Dell DA-2 220W PSU

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MoathSama said:

Well i was like you when i first heard about EGPU , and Bizon was the first thing i thought of , but if you want to know that Bizon is actually Akitio with some upgrades . + $300 :P 

Bizon is too expensive , for what ! i dont know . 

I have akitio and it runs well , with gtx 980 ti . 

if you want to get small EGPU and not too expensive go for Akitio . and get small card that fits inside along with power supply . 

https://www.amazon.ca/Thunder2-Storage-Enclosure-without-%2523TBQ-TIAA-AKTU/dp/B00LMON6Z4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459271761&sr=8-1&keywords=akitio+thunder+2

it seems like i can only find a quad case in canada, and that they dont sell the thunder2, i think ill just build one, and save the 300 =p

1 hour ago, Dschijn said:

All that we know about Bizon is posted here: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7921-rip-off-alert-bizon-box-2-is-an-overpriced-modified-akitio-thunder2-enclosure/&page=1

To summarize it:

- It is based on stock hardware

- all parts are available on the market

- Bizon only drilles some holes and addes the cable/adapter

Since your MacBook has only a dual core CPU, TB1 and a low res display you should be fine with a GTX 960 or max GTX 970.

Building and installing the eGPU can be achieved with the help in this forum.

Take a look for this parts:

- AKiTiO Thunder2

- EVGA GTX 960 (the one with only one fan)

- Dell DA-2 220W PSU

thankyou for your information dschijn! ill start the build asap :D