ASUS G750JS + 765M

roca44

• Bios Modder

Download from ASUS website, stock bios for G750JS, version 208, rename it to G750JS.bin and try recovery procedure with it.

18 hours ago, Klem said:

Download from ASUS website, stock bios for G750JS, version 208, rename it to G750JS.bin and try recovery procedure with it.

Hi,

I did, but nothing seems to happend.

What i notice its that if i press f2 i seems like its entering to bios, cause after if i press f10 the computer restart.

the other thing that works its the ctrl+alt+delete restarting the pc.

Maybe my GPU its doa. Its there a way that we can disable the GPU in the bios file or alter the order and use the discrete first?

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, roca44 said:

Hi,

I did, but nothing seems to happend.

What i notice its that if i press f2 i seems like its entering to bios, cause after if i press f10 the computer restart.

the other thing that works its the ctrl+alt+delete restarting the pc.

Maybe my GPU its doa. Its there a way that we can disable the GPU in the bios file or alter the order and use the discrete first?

Also you can try next method:

First install "HP USB Storage Format Tool"
 -Connect your USB to your laptop.
 -Start "HP USB Storage Format Tool"
 -Select the USB
 -Select FAT32
 -Mark "Create a DOS startup disk"
 -using DOS system files
 -Start.
Then you'll need to edit the autoexec.bat file on the USB drive to make Afudos run on it's own.
Right click on the file autoexec.bat on the bootable USB drive and select EDIT (if you can't see the file you may need to enable viewing of system files).
The file should open in notepad by default.
We need to add 1 line after any existing text on a new line; Afudos  OLD.bin  /p  /b  /n  /x  /r
Note again that 'OLD.ROM' is just an example, you'll need to change it to whatever your file backup of BIOS is called.
Then click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', and close notepad.
Put on to created USB drive all files Afudos and file backup of bios (in your case OLD.bin).
Open laptop, and disconnect all HDD (or SSD) drives.
Connect created bootable USB drive to laptop and start it.
After 2-3min, bios will be flashed.

• 1 month later...

Hi roca44, I like to share with you my expirience with this g750 series and changing or upgrading vga card.

I upgrade my 770m to 780m and from that expirience this is what I learn.

the initial state you reported was the right one and only a mod to the inf file was needed :S :S

now you tried to flash you JS board which use Optimus with JW bios which doesn't use Optimus, so you have just disable the iGPU and the internal screen is only connected to it. This is why your machine seems to work but nothing shows on the internal monitor (have you tried using an external one? Try with all the ports).

you need to revert back to the JS bios. Try boot with a custom made bat to flash your back up file using afudos.

I hope it helps, please let us know