R7 260X + Akitio 2 + MacBook Pro Retina

fisch3r

Hi! 

I'm a complete newb when it comes to anything eGPU. I've researched a bit on these forums and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, but I still have some questions in order to get started, mainly questions regarding powering the setup I want to build.

I'd like to have a build that's as compact and in "one piece" as possible. I'd like a single wire going out of the Akitio to power the setup. No external PSU's or anything like that. 

The GPU that I have is the Sapphire Radeon R7 260X: http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=38D17047-E956-4D7A-AA1B-050A3F519239&lang=eng
I read most of the Dell DA-2 thread, but I don't really know what to make of it all. 

I found this 220W PSU which looks small: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-5188-7520-5188-7521-5188-2755-DPS-108DB-1/dp/B00E961EK6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459090990&sr=8-2&keywords=atx+220w 

So, my questions are: 

• Will I be able to fit both the PSU and the card inside the Akitio? Or is the PSU still too big? 
  • If the PSU is too big, how should I power the build? It looks like the Dell power supply isn't available anymore.
  • If I have to use a power supply similar to the Dell one, how does the whole barrel-soldering thing work? If I buy a premade cable, do I just plug it in and go? 

Thanks for any help in advance!