Do I need to change the thermal pads for GTX 780m every time I want to repast?

Dr. AMK

Do I need to change the thermal pads for GTX 780m every time I want to repast? if so, what is the rghit thikniss for it? and where can I but it?

Clevo P570wm - GTX 780m SLI

Best Regards,

Thermal pads for GTX 780m.png

Frozencpu is where i get mine.

and no you do not have to but depends on how often you change your paste...

go with .05 or 1.0mm thats what i go with...dont need to go with anything to crazy special.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2016 at 1:06 AM, odin2free said:

Frozencpu is where i get mine.

and no you do not have to but depends on how often you change your paste...

go with .05 or 1.0mm thats what i go with...dont need to go with anything to crazy special.

Thanks @odin2free for your kind advice..

• 2 weeks later...

Wait

Are you using pads on the die or on the chips?

Dies = paste

Chips = pads

The reason people change pads is because of age.

Older= Pads change

Newer = Dont need to UNLESS you notice something is wrong with the pads such as CRACKS fractures tears etc....

@Dr. AMK Did you actuallly put paste in that little regulator are (think those are regulators to lazy to look up layouts)....id just go pads on those and make sure they touch some copper or aluminium to passively cool or actively cool dependant on what the entire heatsink cooling set up looks like)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, odin2free said:

Wait

Dies = paste

Chips = pads

The reason people change pads is because of age.

Older= Pads change

Newer = Dont need to UNLESS you notice something is wrong with the pads such as CRACKS fractures tears etc....

@Dr. AMK Did you actuallly put paste in that little regulator are (think those are regulators to lazy to look up layouts)....id just go pads on those and make sure they touch some copper or aluminium to passively cool or actively cool dependant on what the entire heatsink cooling set up looks like)

Dear @odin2free thanks for your advice, for sure I'm using past for the dies, but I didn't change sny pads, it looks OK but compressed, the Temp's for all is good and I didn't face any problems. I'm just want to make sure that everything is perfect.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 24/4/2016 at 11:49 PM, odin2free said:

Wait

Dies = paste

Chips = pads

How different? I just pasted all of them on the vga, does that cause any problems?