NVIDIA Quaddro k1100m dGPU and gtx 960 eGPU

blankdeck31

Hi everyone!

So i recently bought the parts for my eGPU and assembled it today.  I am using an akitio thunder 2 box on my dell m3800 laptop that has a thunder 2 port and is running windows 10.  I have run into a problem.  I need to install drivers for my 960, but when i launch the computer with only the 960 enabled it crashes and the computer trys to diagnose and fix itself.  Then i am forced to hard shutdown my laptop and launch it on my iGPU.  When i plug in the card it is recognized  by my PC but i am unable to get the drivers on it working since I cant launch the PC with it on.  So my question is are there drivers I can use that allow me to use both cards?  I just got my order from amazon today so I have 30 days to make this work.  

Side note:  when i launch GTA V it says I have 6gb of Vram available to be used(2gb from the quaddro and 4gb from the 960).  I can run GTA on my quaddro at medium settings and 720p.  I am a little confused on what to do next to trouble shoot the issue and I am afraid to try anything further just so i dont brick my computer.

Anyway,

Thanks for Your Help!

I am using the regular desktop drivers with my K2100M dGPU and my GTX750Ti eGPU, version 362.00. Try removing all nVidia drivers, downloading the latest desktop driver and then installing it. Your K1100M should be supported (I checked in the Device List for my 362.00 and I see your K1100M there, as well as my K2100M) so the driver should install. That way when the GTX960 is detected, it should just use the same driver.

I hope this helps!

@Yuikaze I have a k4100 dGPU and a GTX750ti eGPU. Few questions:

1. Under GPUz, do you see CUDA support for both video cards? 

2. Did you install the desktop driver for the quadro or geforce?

FYI: I'm on a Dell M6800 with a K4100 dGPU and  a PE4L V2.1 ( PCIe Adapter ) 

Thanks!

Edited by rubdub

1) Yes, as you can see in the attached screenshot (this is a bit older, and has 358.91 loaded  for both cards, I'm not at home so I don't have the GTX750Ti with me right now).

2) I installed the desktop driver for both of them. I installed it for the Quadro and then it picked up the GTX750Ti on the next boot after I connected it. You can see the (desktop) 362.00 driver loaded for the Quadro in the second screenshot.

eGPU-TB2-Akitio-Thunder2-GTX750Ti.png

K2100M-362.00.PNG

Edited by Yukikaze

1 hour ago, Yukikaze said:

I don't really use CUDA, so I didn't do anything to try and make it work, it just showed up in GPU-Z off the bat.

I see...I'm beginning to believe this is an issue with Win10 and Nvidia Optimus....