Asus G750JM + PE4L v3.0 + Asus GTX970 Strix

Ekkx

Hooked it all up and no dice. If the delay timers are set each to position one, the boot hangs. If the delays are both set to position 2, I get boot but the GPU is not even being recognized in device manager. Can I make this setup work and what will I need to do to get it working?

Oh yeah my bad. Trying for mPCIe, however the laptop, gpu, and PSU were all free so im thinking of scrapping the PE4L and going with Thunderbolt. This thing is driving me crazy. I assume the MPCIe slot is white-listed. Would still like to get this current setup running but I don't know if that is possible.

Edited by Ekkx

You will need setup 1.3, or at least a way to prevent windows from loading, like pressing F8, and waiting in the menu.

After that you can power on PE4L, and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most probably yes, thunderbolt is like a cascading of pci devices, and makes it even more complicated to fit every device in the pci space.

There could be an option to make it easier or plug and play, but it requires a bios mod (to alter tolud and thunderbolt options). Im working on a bios mod for this but is not a top priority, i will let you know my findings.

On 3/24/2016 at 5:30 PM, Arise said:

I managed to get my G750JW working over thunderbolt. How are you connecting your egpu?

I've gotten setup 1.3 installed and running on my pc. These are the issues I'm running into currently if you can help at all.

https://imgur.com/a/WW3WB

Edited by Ekkx

You have to make the eGPU detected. How is you eGPU reacts when is powered on?

Does it spins its fans? Leds up? Any sign of activity?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.