Dell E6420 Optimus?

Greg8642

I started looking at this last night and and i'm starting to get a better idea of what i need to do, but have a few questions.  #1.  Am I right in assuming that my E6420 with Nvidia 4200M Graphics will allow me to do the optimus tweak?  And what exactly is envolved in doing the optimus tweak?  #2.  Will this unit work for me http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4H%20V3.2.html

or is there something better?  #3.  If this unit is not for me and another is, where would i find an enclosure?  As i really dont like the idea of the card being out among the elements.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 hour ago, Khenglish said:

You'll need Tech Inferno Fan's setup program to disable the nvs 4200m to allow optimus. If you want an enclosure, yes you can use what you linked.

are you just talking about the enclosure or the GPU adapter as well?  Also are there cheaper options out there for an eGPU set up with an enclosure for my PC?

18 hours ago, Greg8642 said:

are you just talking about the enclosure or the GPU adapter as well?  Also are there cheaper options out there for an eGPU set up with an enclosure for my PC?

You can use it for both an enclosure and adapter. I am not aware of a cheaper unit which includes an enclosure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.