Install:

Follow setup 1.3 egpu guide video.

SW1 set to 1

SW2 set to 2 (this will work on 1)

While in setup egpu 1.x

Chainloader MBR

ignore dgpu than compaction than dgpu off to keep optimus

changed gen to gen 2

disabled p4 which is a realtek device... (ethernet or card reader) do not need them (i am remote and use usb tethering from phone)

removing that frees some resources...

256mb to 512mb... ? thats weird tolud is all over place.

i noticed, that my tolud will change though from 3.24 down to ~2.5..

I think that is because of turbo mode etc...

Will try to disable all the special things and just have it raw power, instead of turbo.

While im on the road though, the egpu will stay home and will be my power house for gaming editing etc.

Laptop will keep dgpu off. save battery on the road... optimus does that (for the most part) just bring it down to basic functions for me on the road..

I dont have a case for this yet...

Thinking plexi or something else...making my own... not paying for something im not goign to fully utilize... plus save me coin. 

The adapter and card will stand just how it is.. vertical to the base.... but the front of the case will have a fan for intake, than on top will have two fans to pull air out and send it up instead of at the wall and trapped.

Super simple

The adapter will tuck under the case... have a hanger on the bottom to place the brick, that shorten the length of the 8pin connector and feed it from the bottom up...yes that requires me to cut open the housing strip crimp repin etc... just gots to find the spec on the connector and what not... (prob just use splices or solder the ends and seal it at work)

I did order a dell power adapter...220w to see if this will run with just that... i think it will..but overclocking might make it difficult to be done with the power adapter vs the psu.

This card calls for 160w max draw.. but when it boosts think it goes up to 180w...

The psu is something i dont want to put into the case... 

If i can make the egpu case mobile...than time to go mobile..

The other thing is im working on figuring out this targus cooling mat... nothing special got it for cheap at best buy..

Get a cheap fan controller and do the notepal mod, but with this one...

dremel and fans and wire and controller to control everything..

Push air on the right side of the keyboard underneath and push at a very very low rpm on the internal fan side...

dont want to over power the internal on the laptop

will defeat the purpose of a cooling pad in my eyes..

Than get external keyboard, have it all at home and have a reliable system for the year or two to come..till i can buy a new laptop and do this all over again but with hopefully tb3

Pics or it didnt happen will be up soo...

just charging the camera...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 13" Clevo W230ST + GTX960@4Gbps+c-mPCIe2 (PE4C 3.0) + Win7 [odin2free]