ERROR: Mismatch at offset on 970m

Zarzhu

I'm essentially having a very similar problem to the one in this post:

The biggest difference here is that my error message ends in a different value:

ERROR: Mismatch at offset 0x00000000 - Expected value: 0x4E - Read back: 0x00

I established that the card worked after I installed it and I checked that there was a BIOS listed in GPU-Z. After I installed Prema's vBIOS and restarted (I may have restarted too early), this BIOS version disappeared and says unknown. I have been using different versions of nvflash to try and flash both stock vBIOS rom and Prema's version and started receiving that mismatch at offset error every single time. I don't think my vBIOS chip is faulty but I don't know why I cannot flash any images to it. Currently, my GPU is listed as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and nvflash will correctly list my GPU version. Please let me know which log files I should post if it will be helpful.

That's usually what we see only with broken vBIOS chips...the cards work out of the factory but they can not be re-written and fail after the first try.

Only thing you can try to do is to repeat the flash until it works one time...usually these chips still let you at least write one in 30 times or so...

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

im just wondering how did you manage to flash the modified bios on GTX 970m. i try it many time and it seems MaxwellBiosTweaker_1.36 doesn't match the output gpu bios after you modified. as do the compare result it shows mismatch when i checked on NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64 and nvflash_5.449.0.. even i proceed to doing the flashing still error i get.

Need some help how can make the correct modified gpu bios. please see attached photo for error compare.

Thanks,

,Error2.thumb.JPG.1e322c026acf059a2d6768e684d65fa7.JPGError1.thumb.JPG.93bc92efba1b067430c55c1a75119133.JPG