battlefield 3 on the asus g73

Hi my previous thread was for rage but with battlefield 3 just released I thought maybe someone would want to see it on this laptop, so here's the specs

g73sw-bst6

750gb 7200rpm hdd, nvidia geforce 460gtx, intel core i7 2630qm, 8gbs of ram, 16x9 resolution

heres a link to the video

keep in mind this is stock I'm not showing you an overclocked cpu laptop i just use intels turbo boost an see how it runs

and thanks for your suggestions in the previous thread guys an if you have anymore let me know

if you want to follow me on twitter i put links to the videos right away on there or just talk about gaming laptops an computers my twitter is twitter.com/ericnrmrf

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Hopefully we can get more Asus users on T|I to join ya. I know its a bit slow in this section since most of us have Alienware. If you know others that own Asus and need a forum to chat, feel free to link 'em here :)

P.S. I liked the comment at the end of the vid, gave me a good laugh.

Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully we can get more Asus users on T|I to join ya. I know its a bit slow in this section since most of us have Alienware. If you know others that own Asus and need a forum to chat, feel free to link 'em here :)

P.S. I liked the comment at the end of the vid, gave me a good laugh.

i dont got any both my friends have hp's an my other friend has a dell but they'll be needed new pc's soon so as soon as i get one ill direct him to this forum for you guys love this site

Well my R2 has been giving me some problems with gaming blue screens etc.. I have to wipe the hard drives clean. Anyway, i completed the single player on the G73JH, CPU and GPU is overclocked, someone posted oh you shouldn't be overclocking the 5870 man i was laughing at that! I just need to get the 180W Targus universal charger for further overclocking and stability. I uploaded a video

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
thats really cool id like to see you put the ticker from fraps so it can display fps for people an play multiplayer like caspian border or op firestorm huge maps I want a SSD thanks for the upload!!

I don't see any benefit of having an SSD for BF3 because DICE/EA killed that advantage by adding in such a long start timer. I bet a low cost hybrid drive would do just fine.

Yeah the load time for the game is annoying but with the quad core i7 720 and the ssd it was a lot faster than the core i5 2.4ghz and a hybrid Seagate XT but i have too update and reinstall the OS a lot of issues, just that the game's recommended requirements for the cpu is a quadcore. But i do agree with Brian, it's better to invest in a hybrid drive cheaper and pretty quick and plus Seagate is coming out with a larger and faster capacity hybrid drive, reports say this holiday season but a lot of has been hush hush but keep put for one. Thank you for viewing my video!