Lenovo y580 broken after flashing moded bios

werresal

Hello !

I flashed my lenovo y580 bios (8.0 to 8.1 moded whitelist and gtx 660) with the one provided here by slv07

It worked without an error, but after the reboot my laptop screen stays black and nothing happens.

It seems to be broken and i dont know what to do next.

I read some articles to recover it with an special usb stick and powered on with FN+r and such things.

But this articles are for other laptops,. not for mine.

Can someone please help me ? Wich buttons i need to press to get this "trying to get an right bios from usb stick and flash it automatically" - funktion ?

I got original Bios as .bin file backupped before starting.

Shall i use this phoenix crisis recovery ?

Please help me, this is my only PC and i need to it work.

Thank you in advanced

Patrick 

hi there, sorry to hear that u mess up your laptop.... there is a tutorial right here that was posted on other thread that i dont remember (I read and try a lot cos Im in the same boat as u)

http://edmarhobby.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/lenovo-ideapad-y580-insyde-bios-reset.html

My y580 that was running for 3 years perfectly since the begining with moded bios (thnks to svl7), now is on blank screen mode due to a damn change in bios trying to turn off the integrated graphics card for a test with Oculus rift sdk2, and i´m pretty f!"·!"up aswell, I´ve tried everything without any success only blinks the usb but no recovery with fn+r and fn+b method, I think that I dont have the correct bios for the crisis recovery,

I´ve tried countless names and extensions, my laptop is fully naked no wifi, no dvd, nothing but mobo and memory (also tried 1 module in 0 socket and other combinations), also i´ve desoldered the battery from mobo to do a clear cmos. I´m running out of ideas.

patrick try the tutorial and I hope u get luckier than me, and if somebody can give advice or anything didn´t tried yet, would be apreciated, thnks in advance.

Pd : sorry for my english