Same eGPU - Error 12 on Win 10 - Running Plug and Play on Win 7

bencuri

I have a HP Probook 6570b with  Intel HD4000 igpu and 8GB ram. I tried to install an eGPU on it but I ran into error 12. It was on Windows 10. Interestingly when I installed  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, the eGPU installed without problems, it runs plug and play, no tweaking needed, just need to install the Nvidia drivers and that's it.

I didn't know error 12 can be an operating system specific error. So if you face this problem, you might try to switch to another version of Windows to check what happens. It can make your job easier.

On 3/7/2016 at 7:39 PM, bencuri said:

I have a HP Probook 6570b with  Intel HD4000 igpu and 8GB ram. I tried to install an eGPU on it but I ran into error 12. It was on Windows 10. Interestingly when I installed  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, the eGPU installed without problems, it runs plug and play, no tweaking needed, just need to install the Nvidia drivers and that's it.

I didn't know error 12 can be an operating system specific error. So if you face this problem, you might try to switch to another version of Windows to check what happens. It can make your job easier.

I will try your suggestion, I'm having headache with my HP Elitebook 2570p and I can't figure out how to dsdt override after tried different methods but still error 12 still there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.