BIOS problem with eGPU

TheCHAPPiE

Purchased a Beast eGPU adapter with PCI-E cable but BIOS is blocking it.

HP Pavilion dv6 4023-tx, win7

RSA signed (new HP protection to prevent flash unauthorised modified bioses)

Because of this and I cannot use other PCI-E parts on my laptop and it somehow preventing the adapter driver to be install

Can someone tell me what can I do? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

i think you need to buy egpu setup 1.3 from nando

Why would I need DIY eGPU Setup 1.30? >>>

Setup 1.30 is a FreeDOS environment used to configure your DIY eGPU before chainloading to your OS. Required if you:

• encounter Windows error 12:cannot allocate resources requiring automated PCI Reallocation or IGP relocation. Note: Win7/8 users may want to try a simpler 36-bit root bridge DSDT override instead of using Setup 1.30.
  • want to use x1E/x2E/x2/x4 higher performance pci-e links (x1E/x2E on Series-4 or older, x2/x4 on Series-5 or older chipsets)
  • want to set pci-e 1.0 (2.5GT/s) or pci-e 2.0 (5GT/s) link speed (Series-6 or newer chipset).
  • require mPCIe anti-whitelisting (HP/Lenovo) to allow a wifi slot to work with a PM3N
  • want to disable a dGPU in a hybrid graphics system to free up resources to host the eGPU
  • want to disable a dGPU in a hybrid graphics system to activate NVidia Optimus and if using a x1 link, engage x1 pci-e compression
  • want to initialize a NVidia video card prior to Windows boot to prevent hang/BSOD on startup or error43 in device Manager. Eliminates the need for a standby, attach, resume to overcome this problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.