G752VT GTX970M vBIOS

TheSwede86

On 2015-10-07 at 10:36 AM, Prema said:

If you also want Prema Mod vBIOS for other Asus systems, then just dump your current vBIOS with this tool and PM me the files.

NVFLASH_TOOLKIT_x64_PM

Hi!

I sent you a PM with a vbios dump for my GTX970M in my Asus ROG G752VT-T7013T (w. G-Sync) and will happily donate if you could consider to make a unlocked vbios for this one :)

• Bios Modder
On 3/1/2016 at 6:36 PM, TheSwede86 said:

Hi!

I sent you a PM with a vbios dump for my GTX970M in my Asus ROG G752VT-T7013T (w. G-Sync) and will happily donate if you could consider to make a unlocked vbios for this one :)

Hi! Just made it for your card. Try.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/86-asus_g752vt_970m_gs_unlockedrar/

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/2/2016 at 4:06 PM, Klem said:

Hi! Just made it for your card. Try.

ASUS_G752VT_970M_GS.zip

You made it for my GPU?
Wow, thanks!

Sorry for the beginner questions but:
Is it just to follow the flashing instructions that are in the "ReadMe" for the "NVFLASH_TOOLKIT_x64_PM_v1" to flash it (as well as using that utility)?
Also which program should I use to alter the core / memory? I've seen "Asus GPU Tweak" and "MSI Afterburner" and wondering if there is a prefered program to use?

Which program do you guys use to monitor GPU temps? I was thinking about using "Hardware Monitor".
Eh, haha when do I know that I need to raise the voltage on the card?
The final question would be how you consider your OC:s stable, do you simply run "3DMark" and consider a run without BSOD / artifacts to be a stable OC?

Sorry for the questions but I just want to make sure I don't miss anything, all OC have risk involved but I just want to draw on the knowledge here to get the best possible start.

Oh @Klem if you have some sort of donation site I will happily buy you a few beers / whatever if you provide it after I've tested this. Thanks again :)

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, TheSwede86 said:

Is it just to follow the flashing instructions that are in the "ReadMe" for the "NVFLASH_TOOLKIT_x64_PM_v1" to flash it (as well as using that utility)?

Yes, of course just flash exactly the same as described in the "ReadMe" for the "NVFLASH_TOOLKIT_x64_PM_v1" to flash it (as well as using that utility).

Also which program should I use to alter the core / memory? I've seen "Asus GPU Tweak" and "MSI Afterburner" and wondering if there is a prefered program to use?

I recommend you use "NVIDIA Inspector" or "Asus GPU Tweak", also you can use "EVGA Precision".

Eh, haha when do I know that I need to raise the voltage on the card?

When you increase core clock and then in benchmark or games NVIDIA drivers will crashes this means that you need some increase voltage.

I think that optimal overclock  1300-1350 for core (may be a little more), 3000(6000) for memory and 1.075-1.100V voltage. Depending from ASIC quality of card.

Oh @Klem if you have some sort of donation site I will happily buy you a few beers / whatever if you provide it after I've tested this. Thanks again :)

If you like buy me a few beers, you can use this link:  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=NHMKKB6RCME46&lc=GB&item_name=Donation%20for%20Klem&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Klem Thank you very much :)
I downloaded "Asus GPU Tweak II" which also monitors the temperature (guessing all other OC-programs does this as well) and will be OC:ing and monitoring temperatures with that and benchmarking with 3DMark (Firestrike 1.1) and the built-in Shadows of Mordor benchmark on Ultra.

Wish me luck ;) I'll post my before and after results here as well as buying you some beers in a few days mate :)

---

Edit:

Tried Nvidia Inspector instead and I am now on my way :)
I'm at +100 / +200 / +0 (Core/Memory/Voltage) and 3DMark runs fine. Temps are max 72 C after running the benchmark.
Any idea on how to go above the +135 for Core using "Performance Level [3] - (P0)" which I'm guessing the one I should use?
Also when I reboot does Nvidia Inspector resets itself to default clocks and I'll need to create a shortcut with the OC settings and apply them each time I reboot? 
Which increments (i.e. 25 on core, 50 on memory) are you guys using to up your speeds? Which increments should I then try to raise the voltage with if I experience artifacts?

Haha sorry for the many questions, I tried donating to you @Klem but when I log in to PayPal I only get the starting page, if you would PM me your details for PayPal I'll happily send some your way.

Edited by TheSwede86

• Bios Modder

Post here a screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector.

If you get any artifacts, then you need a little bit reduce memory clocks.

Edited by Klem

24 minutes ago, Klem said:

Post here a screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector.

If you get any artifacts, then you need a little bit reduce memory clocks.

I actually as of yet does not have any problems with artifacts but guessing that will be the case when I try to go higher.
The thing is that "base clock" seems to be capped at +135 so I would not be able to rise it higher then that.

Btw the link worked :)Ty again.

NVIDIA Inspector Screenshot for Klema.png

• Bios Modder
48 minutes ago, TheSwede86 said:

I actually as of yet does not have any problems with artifacts but guessing that will be the case when I try to go higher.
The thing is that "base clock" seems to be capped at +135 so I would not be able to rise it higher then that.

Btw the link worked :)Ty again.

NVIDIA Inspector Screenshot for Klema.png

No, on this screenshot not my vbios mod. Please read the instructions again and flash mod vbios again. Do not forget then restart laptop.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Weird, these screenshots are from GPU-Z, "0B" is stock and "0A" is the vbios, I followed the instructions and the flash was successful.
I downloaded the file named "https://www.techinferno.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13073" but is that the same file as:
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/86-asus_g752vt_970m_gs_unlockedrar/? Unsure which I downloaded but both seem to be the same file.

GPU-Z Stock.gif

GPU-Z Vbios.gif

prema flash.png

Edited by TheSwede86
blanked out path in cmd

10 minutes ago, Klem said:

Yes, you need "0A". On the your last screenshot just type "y", and then program will flash it.

Very strange.
GPU-Z tells me my BIOS was "0A", when I started NVFLASH Toolkit and reflashed the GPU it told me I was already on "0A" but Nvidia Inspector told me I was on "0B".
Anyway I reflashed and rebooted and can now go above +135 :) Thank you.

• Bios Modder

Ok. Also after any flashing procedure, then good choice reinstall NVIDIA drivers with options "Clean Install".

Can you now post new screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Klem said:

Ok. Also after any flashing procedure, then good choice reinstall NVIDIA drivers with options "Clean Install".

Can you now post new screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector?

Just ran 3DMark and got 7447 :D
Haven't had any artifacts yet so haven't had to touch the vcore setting. Will be trying to go for 8K.
What temps are considered safe for the GPU btw? By safe I mean if I were to OC it and then play games so it would perhaps be that temperature for 3-4h at a time.

NVIDIA Inspector Screenshot for Klema again.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
2 hours ago, aaronjb said:

Any chance in getting a vBIOS mod for the G752VL, with a 965m? I've got a vBIOS dump at the ready.

Post here your vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
3 hours ago, Marmoola said:

HI there. im new and a noob. ive a G752vt gtx970m. i would like to overclock using vbios. anyone could assist?

Hi!

Post here your stock vbios, I'll take a look. You can get vbios using GPU-Z utility, just mouse click on small icon with arrow, choice "Save to file".