Any old school AW'ers in here?

daveh98

The name DarthBeavis ring any controversial bells?(I'll get to him later). The reason being, I am in a position of bitterness with Dellienware right now on their contentious refusal to actually take some people's circumstance on a case by case basis. I begged AW to please understand that I know upgrading is "right around the corner" but I never intended for it to be "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER" (3 days from order date to be exact in which my 6970's became obsolete). Here is a breakdown of their responses to me (Siri like even) despite me telling them that I have ordered 2 top end systems in the past 9 months and 3 systems in the past 3 years:

1. "You can return to Dell for a full refund" - Correct translation: You can wait to have it shipped, send back, wait 14 days for refund, wait another 10 days for dell to fix the credit error, then 15-30 days for a replacement system.

2. "Since you cannot be without a system that long, we will give you an extra credit of 150.00 so you can buy the GPU's when they are released- Correct translation: "I SAID I ORDERED 3 HIGH END COMPUTERS IN THE PAST 3 YEARS, I AM EITHER THE DUMBEST PURCHASER EVER OR HAPPEN TO BE AN ENTHUSIAST THAT KNOWS 150.00 DOESN'T GIVE ME A PIECE OF "ALIEN RAM"; LET ALONE 1K OF GPUS.

Basically, working dell seems to be a very hit or miss affair depending on how long you are willing to invest in their "support." Having previous strong ties to the nations top lending institution as a sales rep, I know NOT to spend that kind of time dealing with them. However, I do realize that they have lost an essence of what made Alienware great. Now I get the big business blah blah blah. However plenty of car companies get absorbed and keep their essense of quality and exclusivity at the Halo Level.

Read CLOSELY at what came with this users system and if ANYONE remembers being around those forums at the time; it was relatively epic and just pure business Awesomeness.

DT: DarthBeavis' Aurora ALX SLI review - now with Duct Tape and Crisco added!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that does it, I am calling Dell right away and will demand a coffee mug for purchasing M17x! Joke aside, I thought they typically accepted returns if what you wanted to get is actually better/more expensive.

Otherwise, I cant say I've been an "old school AWer", but I did drool about their laptops for a long time if that counts. ;)

Well that does it, I am calling Dell right away and will demand a coffee mug for purchasing M17x! Joke aside, I thought they typically accepted returns if what you wanted to get is actually better/more expensive.

Otherwise, I cant say I've been an "old school AWer", but I did drool about their laptops for a long time if that counts. ;)

They do. I just happened to be at "boxing stage" on day 3 (Launch day). Once boxed, you can't open it up for some reason despite not having left the factory. Actually, my order THEN got delayed for 1 week in "boxing stage." smh...