Win 8.1 High Load Crash (Solved)

Enano

@Enano Ah Ok, I mean I have used DDU utility to completely uninstall the drivers and and have the d750m disabled. I have under locked it to 84% and reduced clock speeds by 150mhz but kombustor still crashes after 10-15 mins.

After reading through this forum some more it appears another user has had trouble with the  750ti and a series of constant kernel panics. With that in mind I am acquiring a friends evga superclocked 4gb 960 to see if it'll work with a powered graphics card rather than through the riser. It is encouraging that you have a similar setup and it works!

my apologies for the constant barrage of questions but you are being incredibly gracious on the handling of them. Thank you 

@p3nzancef1ier Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 75 min is a little intensive on the video card to be honest. Where you monitoring temps? I used to have that same issue on my desktop when rendering with my old zotac and it was due to over heating. If that's the case, just clean it out. 90% of the issues with hardware get solved with a good old clean up! Well at least that's on my experience.

Btw, don't worry about asking, that's a community for! Always, post the solutions on the thread for the next guy 
:)

@p3nzancef1ier No man, I just used the board and made a custom case for it. Before that, I cat the inner part for it to fit and discarded the rest of it. Looked awful, but it was functional for such a huge card.

The card wouldn't fit at all inside the akitio. Like seriously, no way in hell. About temp issues, none at all and I live in the Caribbean, so you can imagine. MSI did a great job, it never exceeded 60 C.

@davidexD Do you have a friend with a desktop? If you do, Go ahead and test the GPU. If it's working correctly. then the issue is the PSU. Just in case, can you describe your whole rig? Laptop specs, PSU, GPU and confirm which enclosure you have? Hopefully it's not a bottle neck issue.

@davidexD It shouldn't be the raisers. I gotta ask: Are the fans spinning when you connect the card? Is your system recognizing the card?

TBH, I'm pretty much out of ideas until you can test it on a desk top. Also, if you can sent a few pics of the rig just to check it out and the error you are getting. I might be able to come up with something.

any recommendation? I'm using GTX 750Ti but always crashes for about 5-7 mins playing dota 2. I tried everything by using psu but still showing same issue. After reading this forum page, I have this feeling that is a driver issue. I will now going to downgrade my driver, what version is okay to try for GTX 750Ti?il

Update: after downgrading the driver still having the same issue....while playing the screen is freezing then hearing a changing grounded sounds....please advise

Edited by andhie133128

1 hour ago, Dschijn said:

@andhie133128 Just in case I missed it... what is your eGPU setup? AKiTiO, 750Ti and which PSU?

Hi @Dschijn, I'm using HP2570p (3rd Gen Intel Core + 8GB RAM) to EXP GDC v8.0 and Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDDR5. My power supply is either 400W ATX PSU and 60W power adapter since the power consumption of GTX 750 Ti is only 60W but either of this showing same issue so I'm sure it's not the psu problem.

Uh I am not familiar with the EXP GDC v8.0, but you should only use one PSU. 60W is not enough, can you make sure to only use the 400W?

What 400W PSU is it? Sounds like an old/noname PSU.

@andhie133128 The card might consume 60, but you need 25 for the PCIe, Also, using 2 power supplies tend to cause interference. You should try moding a cable. There is a really useful thread on how to do an adapter to use the PSU you mentioned.

Btw, don't get desperate, there are a lot of drivers that you can actually try. I had to try at least 8 or so, if I recall correctly, before one fixed the issue. Try monitoring with the after burner all the parameters and you might know exactly what the issue is. Just run the kombustor until it crashes. (Voltage load, CPU usage, CPU temp, GPU usage, GPU temp, etc...)

Finally, if you have a friend with a desktop, try it there or do a small testing partition to test drive the little fellow as a last resource without wiping your system (which I did after the first 3 drivers attempts :too_sad:). If the GPU is faulty, don't worry, Zotac has a good customer support service.

Sorry for late response, but just got out of work. Hope that any of this helped.

I think this the wrong section in the forum to get propper help.

Also in my understanding of TB absed eGPUs you should swap the 60W PSU and only use the much bigger PSU. Using the 60W PSU might be the reason for instability, if the card has peaks loads higher than 60W and the PCIe adapter also needs some power.

• 1 year later...

Why the topic says it Solved ? as i see it didnt.

Hi all please help me for this issue, i have the same issue with my gtx 1060 3gb with beast exp gdc 8.4d, as i see the problem is not with psu or exp gdc or card, the problem is i dont know why but my msi afterburner works well with -400 core clock and -502 memory clock, but it changes values automatically and when it changes automatically card gets overload and shut itself. Is there any chance to lock this msi afterburner ?

Thank u all for any helps.