What’s the best software to recover a corrupt ms project file?

hakongrimsson

Question

I can see the data thru ms project view and csv (read: I know it's in there) but the flag that marks it a disabled item is doesn't seem to want to unflag. I tried to removed the file from the list of disabled files (re-enable the file) by clicking the File tab, clicking Options, and then clicking Add-Ins. In the Manage list, click the arrow and select Disabled Items, click Go, and then select the disabled item. Etc and without success.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I'm afraid you'll have to restore from back up and re-enter anything since then.

If you find, in future, that a file is growing significantly larger (even though you may have entered only a few changes) then a potential recovery is to 

1. Save the file as a Project database (.mpd)
2. Exit Project
3. Start Project
4. Open the .mpd file
5. Save the file as a Project file (.mpp)
6. Exit Project

If that doesn’t help you I would advise Microsoft Project service for online repair. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is the only
method I have found and can suggest. I hope it helps to you. https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/project-repair-online.html 

I don’t know, but maybe this post will help somehow?

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/158/t/255273.aspx

• Thumbs Up 1