EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
GetFound

OCZ Vertex 3/ Vertex 3 Max IOPS firmware update - BSOD fix

OCZ has released a new firmware update that helps fix random BSOD's with their sata III drives. 2.15

Issues resolved since version 2.13:

 Fixed a rare condition that may cause Windows Blue Screen error when the primaryconfigured drive woke up from either a SATA slumber mode or S3/S4 modes

 Fixed a rare condition that may cause Windows Blue Screen error when the drive was

configured as primary with OS installed

 Fixed a corner-case issue that may cause the drive to stutter or Windows freezing screen

when a media read error occurred

 Further improved robustness of Secure Erase operation to prevent possible low-level data

structure corruption

 Significantly improved TRIM handling to enhance system stability

OCZ official site

OCZ Technology

OCZ firmware update instructions

Bootable Tools for OCZ SandForce Driven SSD's

OCZ bootable firmware update tool

ocz_fwupd_1.642.12.04.zip

I have had success with this update to 2.15, no more BSOD's and the drives seem more responsive in my M18x. (if thats possible, lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

thanks dude :) luckily i don't get BSOD mind you i'm wasting my vertex3 in a m17xr2

Thanks so much getfound for posting this it is much appreciated. +1. True Dan... you can't use Sata 3...

i am ready for a m18x lol :snicker:

Still I miss my M17 R2... that RGB was bliss for the eyes and ha ha I miss my 120pixels across the bottom...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By ElChuterRD
      Greetings, I have a p650rs and I have this little problem that I can not play in MRHYBRID mode, only if the charger is connected, and I do not see high quality videos or play if it is in discret mode, if the A / C is connected.

Any idea what it could be?

I have the latest version of Bios and ECF
      I've been looking for custom-made Vbios but I can not find anything.
      Thank you

• By yoshomiamoto
      Hello Fellow Tech Gurus!

I am having a huge headache after upgrading the ram memory of my m17x r3. 

First let me start by saying I have been experiencing issues with my current ram setup recently, and so i decided to replace the ram inside of my computer, thinking they had gone out on me. It originally came with x4 2gb memory sticks, and as I started to experience issue, I started to removed them, and I was down to 1 2gb stick. It seems to me ram slots 1 & 2 are not working properly as when I put ram memory into them I would get BSOD in 5-10 mins of computer usage after boot. So I am thinking the slots have gone out. I also tested each slot individually and still same effect.

So I went on the try out slots 3 & 4 under the keyboard, which seems to work just fine when I use only 1 ram chip in one or the other. But the problem occurs when I try and fill both ram slots in slots 3 & 4 under the keyboard with crucial 2x 8 gb of ram sticks, which total to 16gb total ram memory.

BSOD and freezing occurs like crazy. But if I use just one of the ram sticks in either slot, no problem.

I dunno if this is hardware or software. I am think that my motherboard is on its way out the door, but any suggestions you all have would be great. I have already clean installed win 7, and is currently running bios A10 (unlocked, I believe)

I would also like to note that my motherboards internal vga is not detected, and just noticed this a few days ago upon trying to figure out the ram situation.

other issues is my laptop battery is pretty much dead, and the only for my computer to cut on is if the AC adapter is connected

I would also like to know can 1x 16gb 1600 ram stick run in my computer? or is it not supported by my motherboard? 

thanks!

Specs:

Alienware M17xR3 (2011 3D FHD ed)

Service Tag:
      30W75Q1

Bios ver:
      A10 (should be unlocked)

Operating System
      Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Processor
      Intel® Core™ i7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz

Chipset
      Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family

Graphics
      Nvidia GTX 680m

Audio
      IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
      High Definition Audio Device

Networking and I/O
      DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
      Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
      HMA TAP-Windows Adapter V9

Memory
      Crucial 8 GB (x2 qty) DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 •

(these only work under bay 3 or 4, but not dual 8gb at the same time, otherwise BSOD)

Configuration ID:
      CT3283724

Storage
      WDC WDBNCE5000PNC SSD (installed into bay 0)
    • By AMan
      Hi,

I recently bought the new Toshiba RC100 m.2 2242 NVMe SSD for my Lenovo Y510p which has an m.2 port in it.
      After installation the SSD wasn't showing up in my BIOS and also not on my OS Win 10 disk management. So I did a bit of research and installed mod BIOS for my Y510p by following the steps in the link: ( https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/3546-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod/ )
      There are a lot more options in the BIOS menu now.
      Even after doing the mod it's not showing up. The SSD works on my friend's "new 2017 dell gaming laptop" which has m.2 ssd support in it. I don't know what exactly to configure my BIOS to make it work. I've just done some hit-and-trial configs which have eventually failed.
      If someone can help solve it Pleasee!!

P.S. : I can share all the available options available in the BIOS if required.

• By awesum
      hi guys,
      i have a z510 59398016 indian variant.
      I had replaced the oem 1tb sshd on sata 3 port that came in it with 250 gb ssd 1 year ago.
      now the optical disk drive on sata1 has gone haywire and i do not want to replace it as cd and dvd are obeolete and useless to me.
      can some one suggest a caddy for z510 to use my old sshd in place of optical disc drive ?
      would i be able to dualboot BW 2 drives if i do the above?
      I tried caddy from local vendor but it is not getting recognised.
      plz suggest some caddies compatible with z510

• By SenikTheFasthog
      Good day,

I am the owner of a used m18x r2 struggling to build it back up into a functional machine. The previous user had his system installed in RAID mode which won't suffice for my desired SSD boot speeds. I've ensured that both AHCI and UEFI are active in the A11 BIOS. I have also ensured to clean the main drive via diskpart CMD upon custom installing my copy of Win 7 Ultimate. Oddly enough, when the setup completes, I'll get an error message stating windows can't finish configuring and needs to restart. Heeding this message will only cause it to happen again on the next reboot, so CMD to the rescue and creating and off to making user account I go. Unfortunately, boot speeds are as slow as ever and I've verified that no RAID controllers have been left installed in the device manager. So far, my only potential lead is that I've noticed during each boot, Windows mentions that "Setup Is Updating Registry Settings" after about of minute of Starting Windows. I've been researching this exact string but I can't say I've found a concrete solution to attempt just yet.

So here I am, requesting for advice as to what I should check next.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've tried out a new install accessing the CD through legacy but still keeping the SDD Boot drive on UEFI mode. So far haven't had to mess with CMD anymore to proceed nor has the Setup needed to Update Registry Settings. I also remembered to install the intel rapid storage driver.  Alas, I'm still left with 2 minute boot times(particularly on the Starting Windows screen), so the problem still remains.

EDIT2: Diagnosing with a Boot Manager, I discovered it takes about a minute before svchost even starts running. So with that, I ruled out it wasn't a software problem. I then decided on the possibility that maybe the other drives could be interfering with booting. Pulling out the other HDDs had no effect, but the actual culprit was the mSATA SSD that was left in from the last user. Now I can enter windows in 3 seconds!

Even fishier, this mSATA drive says its 32 GB but Speccy says its a 1GB drive. But that's a problem for another time, at last my 850 EVO is showing off its expecting speeds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.