EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Xav92

Upgrade from P750ZM to P750DM is it worth it ?

Hello.

This might look like a strange question to ask but I would like to know if at this point it is worth it upgrading from a P750ZM to a P750DM-G ?

My current specs are the best I could get in my ZM.

-i7 4790K (overclocked) @ 4.3 GHZ

-16 GB Ram Hyper X Impact DDR3

-GTX 980M custom Vbios (Overclocked)

-2 x Samsung 950 Pro 500 Gb V-Nand SSD

-1X 1TO SSHD (seagate) 7200.

I was wondering if there is any advantage the DM has over the ZM are Intel 6 gen processors worth it over my i7 4790K ?

Is there any advantage of having thunderbolt on a laptop that's already up-gradable ?

Is there any other advantages of getting a DM-G at this point in time.

I have been hearing a lot about 6 gen intel and the new 750DM-G's but I got my ZM expecting to keep it for at least two years upgrading to a top of the line PASCAL GPU along the way when those are available and when the bios updates are available before buying a new clevo barebone and transferring my GPU and SSD's into my new clevo system when I purchase it I was expecting to do this at around X-Mas 2016-Early 2017.

Is there any good reason for upgrading before end 2016 early 2017 ?

I am currently torn between sending the money in this hobby or in another one (film photography).....

Thank you in advance for your help and advice !

Hello.

This might look like a strange question to ask but I would like to know if at this point it is worth it upgrading from a P750ZM to a P750DM-G ?

My current specs are the best I could get in my ZM.

-i7 4790K (overclocked) @ 4.3 GHZ

-16 GB Ram Hyper X Impact DDR3

-GTX 980M custom Vbios (Overclocked)

-2 x Samsung 950 Pro 500 Gb V-Nand SSD

-1X 1TO SSHD (seagate) 7200.

I was wondering if there is any advantage the DM has over the ZM are Intel 6 gen processors worth it over my i7 4790K ?

Is there any advantage of having thunderbolt on a laptop that's already up-gradable ?

Is there any other advantages of getting a DM-G at this point in time.

I have been hearing a lot about 6 gen intel and the new 750DM-G's but I got my ZM expecting to keep it for at least two years upgrading to a top of the line PASCAL GPU along the way when those are available and when the bios updates are available before buying a new clevo barebone and transferring my GPU and SSD's into my new clevo system when I purchase it I was expecting to do this at around X-Mas 2016-Early 2017.

Is there any good reason for upgrading before end 2016 early 2017 ?

I am currently torn between sending the money in this hobby or in another one (film photography).....

Thank you in advance for your help and advice !

Personally... No. The p750dm doesn't offer much more than what your current config can achieve, exept if you intend to max out the 40 Gbps bandwidth of thunderbolt 3 port for eGPU(980ti/titan x/quadro/pascal) or multi 4k display/5k display or external NVMe storage, in which case I would rather recommend the p870dm since it offers much more-

-Better graphics cards/SLI(you could SLI your existing card)

-Close to 100% adobe rgb 4k auo display (useful for your other hobby)

-Better cooling

-more overclocking, especially if you get it with Premas fully unlocked BIOS from a partner shop(with warrenty in some cases), or can wait for the free public release.

-More usb, GbE LAN

Uses all the PCIe lanes z170 offers, making it the best skylake desktop replacement....

That being said since you already have a great mobo I think you can easily wait till Pascal, Kaby lake and Skylake-E arrives.

If you are really in a rush to get the best system NOW, not satisfied with your current performance and have money to burn[emoji14]

1) for better GPU(s) performance, display and thunderbolt 3, upgrade to the p870dm(with Prema BIOS if you can)

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/future()ec

2) for better CPU, even better GPU(s), display and expandability, go for an enthusiast(X99) desktop, keeping your current system for mobility only(I'd rather wait for skylake-E)

Hope this helps[emoji1]

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly ^

Maybe just wait for pascal unless you got the money to blow. Hopefully pascal delivers what it promises.

This thread is quite old by now but anyway.

I've upgraded my P75XZM to a P75XDM, my motherboard stopped working so I bought a P75XDM motherboard instead.

Everything fits except for the two cables for the touchpad so unless you change some connectors you won't be able to use it.

Other than that it's a pretty straight forward upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2016 at 3:21 AM, BAKED said:

This thread is quite old by now but anyway.

I've upgraded my P75XZM to a P75XDM, my motherboard stopped working so I bought a P75XDM motherboard instead.

Everything fits except for the two cables for the touchpad so unless you change some connectors you won't be able to use it.

Other than that it's a pretty straight forward upgrade.

wow! so there are few differences?

p750zm motherboard

s-l1600.jpg

p750dm motherboard

s-l1600.jpg

is it the same for p750dm2 motherboard?

Edited by sicily428