Setting x2, x4 links on Series6+ chipset

mrjamfish

Hi there, i have been trying to work out if there is any way to get a x2 or x4 pcie link with laptops running series 6 or newer chipsets. So far it seems you can only do this via the flash descriptor and after doing a bit of digging i can't find any sure way to gain access to this, or even a good description on what it is, or if its even possible to get these pcie speeds working on my machine.

My specs are as follows,

egpu gtx 660sc plugged in via PE4C V.3 pcie

HP ENVY 15-j033tx laptop

gt 740m dgpu

intel i7 4700mq @2.4ghz

8gb ram

windows 10 pro

Any help is appreciated :) 

4700MQ a 4th gen CPU. It is a Haswell CPU.

Best way to start is to have access to the BIOS chip, and dump its content. You will have to experiment probably different mods, so is kinda important to be able to safely recover.

Agreggating so many pci express ports is kinda complicated, provided your laptop has those ports. You better get rid of it and buy some thunderbolt 3 equiped laptop for a more elegant solution.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply :)

The 4700mq is like you said a 4th generation cpu, i guess i just assumed it was 6th gen because i have tried using nando's setup 1.3 to try and get these speeds working and when i do it just says do this via flash descriptor for 6th gen Series chipset. So being that this cpu is acually a 4th gen, and that i also have a spare empty pci port does this mean that i have been doing something wrong and can actually get a x2 link working via setup 1.3 ?

As you can probably tell i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this.  

Edited by mrjamfish

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.