Akitio Thunder2 - Quicktime issues?

dwinnbrown

Ok, so I am looking to purchase an Akitio Thunder2 to use with my Macbook Pro retina 13 2015 laptop. I am hoping to get an egpu setup created to improve premiere pro render times as well as for a bit of gaming. I have been searching for the expansion boxes in the UK and have now found a supplier: http://www.span.com/product/AKiTiO-Thunderbolt-PCIe-Thunder2-PCIe-Box-T2PC-TIA-AKTU-2x-TB2-1x-PCI-Express-v2-0-x16-FHHL-x4-speed-~50137

but in their product video they specifically mention that mac users will get 'kernel errors' with Quicktime or something. I have never heard of this issue with an EGPU. Is it just them trying to stop people from using it or is it something I need to be wary of? I am technologically inclined so feel confident installing the required patches etc. to get it working out of the box. Could anyone shed some light on this from experience?

Many Thanks.

PS This is the video where they talk about these kernel errors...@7:50.