Spot

Really long question...HDMI-RJ45-WIFI-RJ45-HDMI

Okay guys got a real tech question for ya!

Will this device ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-SDS-Extender-Converter-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B017D1V1WO/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1454156125&sr=8-17&keywords=hdmi+transmitter )  transmit from HDMI transmitter to Wi-Fi extender RJ45 Receiver to Wi-Fi RJ45 transmitter (In another room) to HDMI Receiver and still get perfect 1080p quality with very little loss?

Really good question, don't ya think?

It's cheaper than the Fibre optic route but also no (HDMI + Audio) cables to the TV..

Thanks Spot...

That's more of a media converter then a protocol converter, I don't think you could send that over WiFi.  While it's using an RJ45 cable it's not using Ethernet standards. So no WiFi access point or switch will understand what's plugged in.  We had something like this in our conference room a long time ago, though the devices we had were for VGA.  

When looking for something that could use WiFi to transmit the HDMI signal, I would check the specs closely for latency.  Anything that uses 802.1(Ethernet standards) will introduce lag into the video. 

That looks like an interesting device though, and a pretty good price for it. might be worth investigating, but keep in mind you will need to run a cat6/7 cable. and I wouldn't think there would be any lag but that all depends on what they are doing behind the scenes.

Hope that helps.

Also It just dawned on me you posted that back in January and now it's September. LOL Well hope it helped anyways.

A better option would be o use a HDMI Balun over Cat6A cable. Don't rely on wireless, it will present latency and data loss. Run over a CAT6a cable at 10GBit (F/FTP if possible)

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Extender-Ethernet-including/dp/B00OZV04BK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485521905&sr=8-2&keywords=hdmi+balun+cat6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cactaur1640
      Hello everyone!

So on occasion I host gaming nights over at my house, and usually end up hooking my laptop up to a big TV so me and a couple friends can all play all kinds of multiplayer games (either emulated or off of steam).

But I was recently thinking that it would be fun to get a projector set up, so that we could play on a huge blank wall in my living room.

With that being said: I'm new to purchasing projectors, so I'm not familiar with what kinds of features/specifications I should be looking for (and I'd like to keep the cost down if it's possible).

So I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me on what to look for in features/specifications, affordable places to buy from, or just general info on what I'm trying to do. 

Any help would be super appreciated!
    • By sslmm
      Hi there!

I'm interested to know what is the best Wifi/bluetooth adapter that i can install on a clevo P150EM. All new models come in M.2 form factor, and the P150EM only has the mPCIe conection.

I've searched and found out that there are m.2 to mpcie connecter adapters but i don't know if the adapter+ the wifi card will fit under my keyboard (the place where the mpcie is located), and even if it fits, i still need connector adapters for the antenna plugs.

Any help is much apreciated
    • By kelarius
      So I have a 3 year old Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 that I travel with and I'm thinking of modding it a bit to take a GDC EXP Beast, my idea is to take out one of speakers and attach a female to female HDMI adapter in it's spot. From there i would use th emPCIe connector, coil it's cable up and connect it to one side of the adapter, seal the laptop up, then all I'd need to plug in the eGPU with a normal HDMI cable. Is this something that could work?
    • By Pirilampus
      Hello Guys,

So my problem is very simple. And I'm here asking if this happened to another users and if they found the solution to this problem.

I have an external monitor, new (and was tested with another computer to rule out the possibility of being a monitor problem), that is connected to my P650RE6 (the one with a gtx 970m). I have also changed the HDMI cable to try out.

So, randomly I have some loss of the signal that is being transmitted via HDMI to the External Monitor. This happens randomly, and when I am using the computer normaly, like browsing, seeing some youtube's videos,etc.

No problem occurs when I am using the full performance of the laptop, like playing games, and no problem occurs when I am on battery either. Also, when the laptop is being used normally and the battery is also charging, I have no problem.

So could something like this happened to another user?
      On my retail store they say that they know that this problem exists with P600 series, but neither them or Clevo know why is happening.

What can I do? Could a miniDisplayPort adapter to HDMI fix this (in that case I am using another port)?

Thanks everyone
    • By Yagonagos
      Sup everybody

A few months back, I bought an Alienware GTX 780m to replace my ASUS GTX 460m that was in my ASUS G53JW laptop. I had zero knowledge or experience, but thanks to all the guides you wrote, the card immediately worked after flashing an ASUS GTX 780m vbios onto it. The fans were controlled, and my graphics performed many times better than it did before. The only issue was that HDMI stopped working.

At the time, I didn't need HDMI, but now I do. Can you help me out?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.