Optimus now works in Win10 using 361.75 driver

alalaka

I've read accounts that EXP GDC does not work with windows 10 at all or that it only works when using an external monitor.

Can anyone comment on whether it will work with windows 10 and also if it work with the internal monitor?

Additionally, is there any advantage of getting EGPU Setup 1.30?

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:54 AM, bartimeaus said:

I've read accounts that EXP GDC does not work with windows 10 at all or that it only works when using an external monitor.

If it only works when using an external monitor as the primary display device, then it essentially doesn't work at all, according to the thread's tagline.

Optimus is described as having PCI-e 1.2x compressed links, along with being able to use the internal display. If you don't have one, you almost certainly don't have the other.

I use a PE4C 3.0 and have the experience that you describe. While the eGPU does work, it only works on an external monitor.

Furthermore, it automatically attempts to negotiate PCI-e Gen 2, which crashes the computer upon doing anything significant, because my ExpressCard and eGPU combination only support Gen 1.

So yes, there is value in using Nando's Chainloader, because it allows you to forcibly negotiate the connection to Gen 1 if necessary.

Edited by illeatmyhat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.