Random problem, really ! p770zm-g

adolfotregosa

Guys, I have this really annoying random problem since day one. I've only seen it happen on a simple windows reboot. Both 8.1 and 10. It never happened on power on, just normal windows reboot. I get this "Reboot and select proper boot device" and I only need to ctrl+alt+del and it will then reboot and boot just fine. My boot device is a samsung xp941 m.2 pcie ssd.

I think I have tried all possible settings regarding boot to make this happen consistently but I cannot. It is completely random.

This time I had the only exception. After my typical ctrl+alt+del the laptop shutdown and the power led started blinking. Pressed power and I went straight to bios setup because I've been trying to track what triggers that intel icc library failed to initialize. I know that if intel smart connect is enabled, windows will not boot giving acpi_bios_error and intel icc will give that message. This time though, intel smart connect was disabled. 

I never had any kind of bsod while in windows nor data loss, nothing, so I think I can rule out the pcie ssd

Any ideas ??? I have experienced this "Reboot and select proper boot device" with both stock and prema bios. 

EDIT: I manage to make it shutdown again , power led blinking , with ctrl+alt+del , I booted straight to bios but noticed intel me fw was 0.0.0.0 and intel icc gave the library error. I presume it's linked ? I never paid attention if intel me was 0.0.0.0 before :(

EDIT2: I made a video some days ago when I found that intel smart connect makes windows not boot and intel me fw is 0.0.0.0 on it. I already upgraded to premas latest ME fw. Intel smart connect enabled still makes windows unbootable and after reboot intel ME is 0.0.0.0

Thank you.

20160124_171912.jpg

20160124_172016.jpg

20160124_172204.jpg

20160124_175732.jpg

Edited by adolfotregosa
Add info to my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Your ME Firmware is not running, hence the 0.0.0. The system can't work normally like that.

When you flash the Mod make sure the AC Adapter is connected and you run "step2" immediately after the shutdown that happens after "step1" or it won't be able the re-flash the ME. Don't flash any stand-alone ME updates after that. 

Perhaps I explained the wrong way. My intel me is working fine but when you enable intel smart connect , save and reboot, Windows will give you bsod and reboot. If you then enter bios intel me is 0.0.0.0.

Like you said, if you shutdown, intel me will reappear only to be lost again after another windows bsod.

I sent you a message with a YouTube video showing all of this some time ago.

OH, OK, then better don't use smart connect.

I think your XP941 may need a second longer to initialize...flash my v2 vBIOS Mod to the GPU and see if that helps.

I put a tweak in there for external screens, which may also help with your SSD.

Already done that too lol but granted didn't re enable secure boot yet. I also suspected the xp941 initialization time but...

Im trying to get wireless wol working and smart connect should fix that but windows will not boot.

Any help on that matter?? I have all the settings and drivers and power options correct and confirmed that the WiFi link is maintained during suspend but it will not wake up...

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Prema said:

Delete your current secure boot keys in BIOS and set them freshly...

Sorry to sound dumb but I just have secure boot enable and standard , not custom. Following that error I just did my usual ctrl alt del and the laptop booted normally. Have no idea why secure boot enabled causes me issues although I need more time to see if that extra delay the V2 vbios has helps or not.