kkzhe

On 12/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, chaccadao said:

Hi Buddy

Sorry for late responded,i did not get on this thread for couple of days,until today n saw  ur post ! i've download the file,restarted n disable driver signature ( i think u only do this if u run win8 and win10 , win7 no needs,as i seen this in some other post,but i did disable it to make sure any way) then a failure again ! the NV installer showed the driver is incompatible for the hardware ! what's a wasted lots of your times n efforts into this,n at the end it's still not works out ! so sorry Buddy ! n i'm so grateful n much appreciated for all the help you've done ! any way like u said,i don't play games,so with this old driver it is settled for me now , but i did want to tried the new drivers and it won't works out,so i can live with that ! hey,just want to ask you : as u said u have  P150EM running GTX 980M , r u still had it ? did u ever put the mSATA in it as a boots disk n the 2.5 HDD for game n storage ? coz i run my with 500GB mSATA for the  OS n 1TB HDD for movies,photos n storage ! but i found out the mSATA is not run in the main port,instead on the port 4 ,n the 2.5 HDD run on the main port, when i  seen the mSATA a bits slow to write n lower score in win7 index,i checked with intel rst control centre n i seen the port which the mSATA in,it running only SATA2 3GB but not SATA3 6GB like the port running 2.5 HDD ! i thinks it's strange,because this is the first laptop i ever had which runs 2 different speed for the SATA port,all my others laptops,they're all runs the same speed,but this P150EM is not ! ?? yes,i feels it's should run same speeds,i worries may be something wrong with the mobo,so i just want to find out : is ur laptop,or any others gentlemen here,any one got this problem ? please respond ! any way,i'd like to said to you, my Aussie Buddy,that's i 'm thank you so much for all the works and efforts u've done to helped me to installs the latest driver,i'm appreciated Mate !  cheers.can u reply about the mSATA things ? please !

Warm regards.

As far as I know, in the P150em the primary hard drive slot is the only SATA III connection, with the optical drive and mSATA being SATA II so your laptop is preforming correctly.

Yes I still have & use my P150em. I've got a 256gb SSD in the primary drive (Windows & some programs) and I've replaced the opical drive with a 1TB HDD (storage & less critical programs).

On 12/17/2017 at 6:21 AM, Spug said:

I am sorry for the hijack of the thread but my graphic card ATI 7970 from a CLEVO P150EM broke down and I was thinking of upgrading to a 980m, I reade that it's necessary to update the bios,  currently what i have is 1.02.17PM v2 from PREMA and I do not know if another one is needed.
My doubt is what I have seen/read is that Prema seems to work with EUROCOM, place where I was thinking buying the 980m, when buying from there they send the necessary Bios or the one i have at the moment is good to go.

It'll be best to ask them direct, but when I ordered my 980m from them I did't get any BIOS files. I was already running the prema BIOS so it wasn't an issue for me. I think since then prema supplied resellers with a v3 version of the BIOS which they'll likely send through to you with the card, but best to check.

7 hours ago, duffman_777 said:

It'll be best to ask them direct, but when I ordered my 980m from them I did't get any BIOS files. I was already running the prema BIOS so it wasn't an issue for me. I think since then prema supplied resellers with a v3 version of the BIOS which they'll likely send through to you with the card, but best to check.

Do you know what's the latest bios version from Prema compatible with this model?

On 12/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, chaccadao said:

Hi Buddy

Sorry for late responded,i did not get on this thread for couple of days,until today n saw  ur post ! i've download the file,restarted n disable driver signature ( i think u only do this if u run win8 and win10 , win7 no needs,as i seen this in some other post,but i did disable it to make sure any way) then a failure again ! the NV installer showed the driver is incompatible for the hardware ! what's a wasted lots of your times n efforts into this,n at the end it's still not works out ! so sorry Buddy ! n i'm so grateful n much appreciated for all the help you've done ! any way like u said,i don't play games,so with this old driver it is settled for me now , but i did want to tried the new drivers and it won't works out,so i can live with that ! hey,just want to ask you : as u said u have  P150EM running GTX 980M , r u still had it ? did u ever put the mSATA in it as a boots disk n the 2.5 HDD for game n storage ? coz i run my with 500GB mSATA for the  OS n 1TB HDD for movies,photos n storage ! but i found out the mSATA is not run in the main port,instead on the port 4 ,n the 2.5 HDD run on the main port, when i  seen the mSATA a bits slow to write n lower score in win7 index,i checked with intel rst control centre n i seen the port which the mSATA in,it running only SATA2 3GB but not SATA3 6GB like the port running 2.5 HDD ! i thinks it's strange,because this is the first laptop i ever had which runs 2 different speed for the SATA port,all my others laptops,they're all runs the same speed,but this P150EM is not ! ?? yes,i feels it's should run same speeds,i worries may be something wrong with the mobo,so i just want to find out : is ur laptop,or any others gentlemen here,any one got this problem ? please respond ! any way,i'd like to said to you, my Aussie Buddy,that's i 'm thank you so much for all the works and efforts u've done to helped me to installs the latest driver,i'm appreciated Mate !  cheers.can u reply about the mSATA things ? please !

Warm regards.

Just stumbled across this - modified inf for the latest driver, 970m and windows 7 specific. Could be what you're looking for.

https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/ 

Yeah, you need to put a modified .inf file in the driver package and turn off driver signature enforcement (see my earlier post).

I've been using https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/ for my modded .inf's, but there's an alternative guide and .inf's here https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 2:13 AM, duffman_777 said:

Yeah, you need to put a modified .inf file in the driver package and turn off driver signature enforcement (see my earlier post).

I've been using https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/ for my modded .inf's, but there's an alternative guide and .inf's here https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for taking so long replying.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2017 at 2:13 AM, duffman_777 said:

So my graphic card finally has arrived and already it's installed and working, the strange part when installing the drivers that i didn't use any .inf.

I used the .exe on the link you gave me on prema word and the only thing i did was disabling driver signature.

Another thing whats the best site/link to know if there is any new drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 1:50 AM, duffman_777 said:

Nice! I take it you were sent new BIOS along with the card to avoid having to use modified .inf files.

Best site to track new driver updates would be the nvidia driver page, or https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/.

Sorry for only answering after all this time.

How can i know what bios do i have?

That's what has in the package that i received.

Ps: Almost forget, for some reason the other day when using windows update there was an update for the graphic card and i only noticed when i restarted the PC.

the new driver was apparently installed without any problems, but when I tried to change the settings to use the graphics it seems that I could not change that.

vga.jpg

Edited by Spug

I thought they would have sent you the v3 bios in an email, but to find out which ones you currently have enter the BIOS menu at startup (from memory I think you press F7?) and it's listed under MB Series:

5aea7df10be52_File10-09-2015105540pm1.thumb.jpeg.fcf135766c8186ba8f0630ac7b7c1a6a.jpeg

Which graphics settings can't you change?

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment it has a bios 1.02.17PM v2 from PREMA if that is relevant.

That has the mail i sent to them when i bought the graphic card,

Do you think they'll send me a v3 version?

I find out that windows update install an older version of the driver, after that i can't change the power configuration.

Edited by Spug

On 5/15/2018 at 4:04 AM, duffman_777 said:

If you ask them they might. Have you tried updating to the latest drivers from the nvidia website?

I tried through the detection software and by downloanding the driver itself and it doesn't detect the card.

As in the nvidia website automatic detection doesn't find your card? If that's the case just select your card and operating system from the dropdown menus here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us 

If when you try to install the drivers, the nvidia installer fails to detect your card, then make sure you have selected 'disable driver signature' at startup (do a google, or look at my previous post listing directions to install drivers with a modded .inf). Alternatively, you can follow this guide https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/ 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 3:36 AM, duffman_777 said:

As in the nvidia website automatic detection doesn't find your card? If that's the case just select your card and operating system from the dropdown menus here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us 

If when you try to install the drivers, the nvidia installer fails to detect your card, then make sure you have selected 'disable driver signature' at startup (do a google, or look at my previous post listing directions to install drivers with a modded .inf). Alternatively, you can follow this guide https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/ 

I noticed that theres already available the geforce_397, at the moment i have the 388 from the site, it's worth changing to 397?

• 4 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 3:39 AM, duffman_777 said:

I like to keep them updated myself, but I'm not sure how much of a real world difference there is between 388 and 397.

Hi,

i noticed one thing with the new windows 10 update version 1809,

I had to remove the driver, only then i was able to update, it was the first time that

Did you you have any problems when you updated your windows?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 2:48 AM, duffman_777 said:

No, I had no issues updating to windows v. 1809.

Do your drivers still work after the update?

After the update i had to reinstall the drivers.

Yesterday i had to update to the last version available becasue Battlefield V needs 416 or higher to run.

So for the first i followed the instructions on premamod and it was easy to install a new updated driver.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...