HP Elitebook 8560w with eGPU GTX 750 Ti

jcczeeuw

Currently I am setting up my own eGPU for the first time.

I am hooking up a GTX 750 Ti 2GB to my HP Elitebook 8560w. It has an Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2GHz and 8 GB RAM
An error 12 occured, did a DSDT override. But the problem is when trying to (re)start my laptop i get a black screen. I suspect I need to have the Setup 1.30 software to achieve a correct startup. Could anyone confirm if this is necessary?

Hopefully someone can help.
Edited by jcczeeuw

• 5 weeks later...

Hey jcczeeuw,

Did you have any success in the end? If so, can you be so kind to share the details of your set-up? I am interested in pursuing the same project, as I need to power up my 8560w with some serious CUDA power.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 1:13 PM, jamez said:

Hey jcczeeuw,

Did you have any success in the end? If so, can you be so kind to share the details of your set-up? I am interested in pursuing the same project, as I need to power up my 8560w with some serious CUDA power.

Cheers.

Hey jamez,

I did manage to get it working!
With the DSDT override in place and with the help of setup 1.3 I managed to assign my eGPU to a 36 bit memory and now it is running smoothly.

My setup is as followed:
HP elitebook 8560w, with an intel core i7-2630QM @2.0GHz and 8 GB of RAM. Internal GPU is quadro 1000M.

GTX 750Ti + PE4C V3.0 adapter from Bplus.

Corsair CX 430 PSU

And an external Samsung tv screen

As i said before most important is the DSDT override and setup 1.3. Other then that i had some trouble with the GPU drivers, but reinstalling them and not doing automatic updates works for me.

The one doneside is that i cannot restart my computer with the eGPU attached, i have to shut my laptop down completely.

Did not have the chance to get benchmarks and such yet, but might do that in the near future.

Hopefully it helps!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Jcczeeuw,

I am making eGPU setup with exactly same notebook as you and I want to ask, how the hell did you perform DSDT override without errors? :D
I´m trying third day and still no success... So I want to ask, which guide are you followed and if You made some special or extra steps. If you can help me, i will be very pleased. :)

Best regards,

Jacob

On 8/19/2016 at 3:20 PM, Cpt.Jacobo said:

Hi Jcczeeuw,

I am making eGPU setup with exactly same notebook as you and I want to ask, how the hell did you perform DSDT override without errors? :D
I´m trying third day and still no success... So I want to ask, which guide are you followed and if You made some special or extra steps. If you can help me, i will be very pleased. :)

Best regards,

Jacob

Hey Jacob,

I followed this thread and that helped a lot. 

Also try this one that Mini-me, responded with. 

It also helped to put windows in Test mode, otherwise i gut stuck. And really use setup 1.x as soon as you can.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.