Alienware® M18x R2

aldarxt

Hello, I am new to this site and also new to modding my Oct. 2012 Alienware M18xR2 /Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz /Intel HM77 (Panther Point)
/6xPCI Express x1, 2xPCI Express x8, 2xPCI Express x16 /8192 MB800.0 MHz (DDR3-1600 / PC3-12800) /2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M [DELL] no SLI /Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Build 7601. This Laptop has served me very well, never had a problem, I play Skyrim, Fo3, Fonv,  all heavily modded But now Fo4, is running slow and stuttery. Ignorantly I purchased the 2nd GTX 660M and installed it thinking I would double my video graphics to play Fo4 on medium. The GTX 660M is not Sli Capable. So I purchased GTX 970M 6GB on Ebay  [ Ignorantly ]. Now I can disassemble and assemble my AW18 without the video, I even remember the screws I used to forget! When I install the GTX 970M I get a black screen and a bunch of beeps and am unable to go into the set up menu. Only ctrl+alt+del resets the beeps. Can Win 7 run the GTX 970M? The computer runs great. The warranty ran out this past Oct. So I dont have to worry about voiding it. any help would be much appreciated.

I did have some electronics training back in 1981 in the USMC, they say I am a small missile tech. but I have a different opinion. lol

• 5 months later...