Clevo P180HM temp issue

Boofhead

Hi,

I was recommended to sign up to this forum based on a discussion I was having with a user on the whirlpool forum, specifically on the recommendation to talk with "Prema" as I'm told he is an expert when it comes to Clevo.  So I hope this indeed finds you Prema :)

Anyway, I have a P180HM which beep's and flashes some LED indicators for a couple minutes and then auto shuts down, exactly the same as in this video of another troubled user.

Anyway, after some re-pasting and testing of CPU & GPU's , I managed to get the system booting to find no beeping and AIDA64 registering much lower GPU temps in the mid 30 degree's, both GPU fans register @ 100%.

The system remained on for approx 25 minutes, until GPU1 reaches 50 degrees in which time the system would begin to beep and auto shut down again, during this 25 minutes the GPU spiked to 50+ and then dropped below this threshold and the beeping stopped, which brings me to the conclusion this is causing the issue.

I've been told the system is unable to detect the fan's (hence displaying @ 100%) and the system assumes fan failure and auto shuts down.  I've also been told I may need a modded BIOS, but no more information on this could be given, hence I'm here.

Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Boofhead

11 hours ago, James Michael Acierto said:

does the gpu fans increase their rotational speed along with temperature ?

I don't seem to have a sensor for fan speed, nor do I hear them spinning up faster as the temperature increases.

11 minutes ago, James Michael Acierto said:

even at startup ? could you check that all three fans are spinning freely and would increase their speed at power on for a little while maybe one of them are on their way out or have damaged speed sensors maybe ?

In afterburner I'm unable to adjust the fan speed for GPU1. I can however adjust the fan speed of GPU2, both still indicate in AIDA64 that they are running at 100%.

I'm in communication with my reseller to get a replacement fan for GPU1 and hopefully that will fix it, but if you don't think this is the issue I'm open to more suggestions ?

On 21/1/2016 at 1:22 PM, James Michael Acierto said:

it is most likely gpu fan failure and that would fix it 

Yep this was it, I swapped the slave GPU fan to the master and removed the slave GPU and it worked with no issue PC still on for hours GPU hitting 70+ degrees under load, and no shut down.