P775DM1-G G-Sync lost after screen repair - RESOLVED

snowpepsi

• 1 month later...

I did an upgrade on the 29th to windowless 10 on my g751jy and it has corrupted my edid for my monitor after a week of frustration.  There are probably thousands if not tens of thousands of laptop users being affected by this.  The talk over at another forum is collecting victims for no doubt some type of resolution to the problem for failing to write protect the edid chip.

Anyway I don't have much choice but to try and flash the edid in my laptop and see if I can get it to work.  Thus I'm after a way to download the bin file or an alternative location. 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2016 at 1:06 AM, snowpepsi said:

In lieu of Prema's modified version, I have just dumped my current SPF1 EDID using moninfo, currently working with G-Sync 

LP173WF4-SPF1.bin

Hi, mate. Was just wondering how you dumped and used the SPF1 EDID Prema gave? Just by opening the bin in moninfo? Thanks!

• 1 year later...