17" MSI GS70 + HD7850@?Gbps-mPCIe2 (PE4C 2.1) + Win10 [Donut]

donut

Hello Guys,

This my first implementations of egpu.... Inside my GS70 i have 870m, not so bad but I would like to use my old radeon 7850. In the future buy a better card. So I bought PE4C 2.1a

1- Go to bios for disable dGPU and choose iGPU

2- shutdown

3- Plug PE4C

4- Power on and install drivers AMD

5- Everything is recognize

But I have questions about bus interface pcie.... How to change the bus speed ? You need more info about my computer ?

I need help for increase bus interface :)

See U

gpuz.gif

11 minutes ago, donut said:

But I have questions about bus interface pcie.... How to change the bus speed ? You need more info about my computer ?

I need help for increase bus interface :)

See U

gpuz.gif

Put the eGPU under load and then observe if the Bus Interface field in GPU-Z changed from x1 1.1 to x1 2.0. If yes, then your port already runs at Gen2 speed and just reverts to Gen1 for power management.

If not, then use Setup 1.30 to change your eGPU port to Gen2 speed.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 17" MSI GS70 + HD7850@?Gbps-mPCIe2 (PE4C 2.1) + Win10 [Donut]