14'' HP 8460p HD6470M + GTX750Ti@4Gbps-EC2 (PE4C 3.0) + Win7 [purpletoast]

Going to write a thorough guide. Will edit when i have time.

System:

Hp Elitebook 8460p

Windows 7 x64  Professional

No internal gpu (igpu)

Dedicated gpu (dgpu) AMD Radeon HD 6470m (new driver update lists as AMD Radeon HD 7400m)

Chipset Intel QM67, Bios: 68SCF ver. F.61 6/112015

8 Gb Ram

Setup:

EVGA GTX 750ti SC

PE4C v3.0 (EC)

Power supply (model #) - note - make sure your atx power supply link has enough amps & watts for your chosen graphics card

External Monitor

Todo:

DSDT override - Aida64 Engineer Edition (Free Trial) - any other method of DSDT extraction gave me a corrupted DSDT file

note - did not try usb boot linux

Update BIOS, chipset drivers (recommended)

Setup 1.30 - note - Any PCI compaction except dgpu only/egpu & egpu only disables the keyboard (I think, need to recheck)

mt28p.jpg

Setup:

Note - A case for the pe4c v3.0 set up is recommended

myqCz.jpg

myqE3.jpg

Will add: benchmark & video of graphics card in action

Note: I've been pretty busy lately. If you have this notebook model feel free to ask me questions.

Edited by purpletoast
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Brian said:

Something makes me think you probably enjoy coffee candy. :)

Haha, yeah. Coffee candy, coffee (black), espresso, cappuccino, tea candy, tea, etc. Anything with some amount of caffeine.

By the way, my name's Brian also.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 14'' HP 8460p HD6470M + GTX750Ti@4Gbps-EC2 (PE4C 3.0) + Win7 [purpletoast]
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

do you actually succeed? im stuck after dsd override, i cannot get the egpu assigned to the large memory block it always goes to the normal memory space.... :(

ive tryed everything deleting pci express roots, all video cards driver, etc etc etc not with setup 1.x since nand is oflline.. and theres no way to even try the software :(

have you managed?

im on this setup

elitebook 8460p 16gb

radeon r9 380 4g

windows 7 64b professional

let me know!

cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I was able to setup my GPU with HP Pavilion laptop using GTX 960. But the Card GTX 960 is showing up with error code 12.

My laptop specifications are listed below. Can you please let me know what needs to be done to fix the error code.

Laptop: HP DV7 pavilion notebook Windows 7

Card: GTX 960 4GB

PSU: EVGA 600W

Adapter: V8.0 Beast

Thanks a lot 'Idol' for your reply. Hope all those coding pays off :( ....

Can you just let me know if i need to buy the 1.3 setup as well or my laptop should be good without it.

Also is the process safe? i mean i am a developer but have no clue about those steps at all - is there a recovery process in case i mess up my beloved laptop?:) 

Regards,

Somik

@Somik 

regarding the setup 1.3 in my case i tried EVERYTHING but couldnt manage without the setup 1.3 (which rewrites de PCI allocation), so my advice dont go crazy and go for the setup 1.3, @Tech Inferno Fan its selling it here for the forum members, and you will feel great contributing for such and AMAZING job he did :)

Regarding the ASML mod, just a regsitry backup will be enough but its more likely it doesnt compile or does anything (if you dont follow the steps PRECISELY) that breaks anything, dont worry, check the FAQS for the compiler error debugging, its imposible without it. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2016 at 0:48 PM, idol said:

Hi there,

do you actually succeed? im stuck after dsd override, i cannot get the egpu assigned to the large memory block it always goes to the normal memory space.... :(

ive tryed everything deleting pci express roots, all video cards driver, etc etc etc not with setup 1.x since nand is oflline.. and theres no way to even try the software :(

have you managed?

im on this setup

elitebook 8460p 16gb

radeon r9 380 4g

windows 7 64b professional

let me know!

cheers!

Hi Idol,

I have the same issue.

Fresh Windows 10.

Elitebook 8460p

8GB RAM

Stuck at "code 12".

Did you manage to solve it with Setup 1.x?

thanks"

Thanks.

Do you have the EC slot switched to Gen2?

I have lots of micro-freezes when on Gen2. Fine on EC Gen1.

Even when on Gen2 I only have Bus Interface at x1 1.1 in gpu-z

Capture.PNG

Edited by balonik

• 1 month later...

I am working on an almost identical set up (my GPU is only a GTX750) I have followed the instructions and I can not get the bios to boot, it just goes back to the selection screen windows 10, Restore, DIY eGPU setup 1.30

I didn't see anything in the html instructions about DSDT ...is this something I should do before the setup?

@Tech Inferno Fan the links don't work on the implantation Hub

• 3 months later...