2014 15" MBP Iris + GTX970@16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10 [ZapCord]

On 3/6/2016 at 1:57 PM, razvani said:

Guys,

I'm trying to make a 970 work with a 2013 15'' iris MBP and it's only working with an external screen. I'm getting a black screen every time I start with the eGPU connected. I tried several startup procedures.

How do I get Optimus working?

I'm using the newest nvidia 362 drivers on Win10 64bit.

Hmm, that is really weird. I have upgraded to 362.00 as well and it hasn't affected Optimus for me.

Did you clean install the drivers or were they "express installed?"

If you didn't clean install the drivers, perhaps you should try it.

However, it probably isn't a good idea to try the 364.47 driver yet as it is known to cause various problems. More on that here

I hope that helps somehow.

Anyone else have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

No luck for me , I installed a fresh Windows10 (EFI) today when I read optimus finally worked on Windows10 , but for my case my games still run on integrated gpu , my model is 13" mbp late 2013 , I installed the latest boot camp and all the apple driver .

At first I installed the latest nvidia driver (364.75 if not mistaken) then optimus dint work so I uninstalled all the nvidia driver and installed 361.75 but it's still the same . My system do detect my gpu and the zotac fire storm worked as well but my egpu is always in idle state.my setup works on Windows8.1 . Anyone can help me please I am so frustrated with this problem

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2016 at 1:57 PM, razvani said:

Guys,

I'm trying to make a 970 work with a 2013 15'' iris MBP and it's only working with an external screen. I'm getting a black screen every time I start with the eGPU connected. I tried several startup procedures.

How do I get Optimus working?

I'm using the newest nvidia 362 drivers on Win10 64bit.

Sorry for being really, really late. Uni has been taking time...

Just the other day, I accidentally broke Optimus and the eGPU only worked only on an external monitor. Confused about why it was doing so, I thought of an SMC and PRAM reset.

Link to SMC reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Link to PRAM reset: http://guides.macrumors.com/Zapping_The_PRAM

Everything went back to normal after those were reset; Optimus worked again on Windows 10 for me.

Maybe try those?

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 2014 15" MBP Iris + GTX970@16Gbps-TB2 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10 [ZapCord]