Who is using Echo Express II

illconn

Good afternoon everyone,

Wondering who might be using this enclosure, as I would really like to pickup this as a solution.  In the process of completing my Akitio inside a Silverstone SG05/SFX 300W enclosure, but really wish i could have that second PCI slot for a USB/SATA card.  So Question is, Who is running this enclosure successfully with 2 cards?  I did see 1 post of someone using it, but wondering if anyone else is too.  I guess being that there are a few using the III-D this one should work for me, and i should be able to do what i want.  My concern is the whole will it have problems with detection of gpu and or the usb/sata card bc of the way the 2 slots work as far as communication?

Ultimately, the setup would be as follows:

Sonnet Echo Express II

GPU: If it fits I would go with either the Gigabyte 970 ITX, or the R9 Nano

PSU: Dell 220W / Xbox 360 203W

SATA Drive: 2 TB 2.5" for storage

USB: 4 Ports from the PCI Card for Keyboard, Mouse, Headphones

I might sell my current setup, and purchase the Express II if this looks like a workable solution.  

New and unused:

Akitio Thunder 2 Retro'ed into:

Silverstone SG05 Lite

Silverstone SFX 300W PSU

2TB 2.5" USB Drive(3.0)

4 Port J5create USB 3.0 Hub

WiFi Dongle attached via USB

Thank you.