Newbie - Questions

bbumeri

So these past 2 weeks, I have gone into full upgrade mode. I decided to upgrade my 2 Lenovo's and my GF's Samsung.

I got the 16GB ram kits coming; Upgraded SSD to 2 laptops; Bought all 3 the intel 7260 dual band ac wireless adapter.

Little did I know there is this crappy whitelist!!!!! 

First off, why? I don't understand the stupidity behind this. It's my laptop, I want to put parts in it! Anyways, the network cards don't work for the Lenovo's. One of them is the y500 which i see posted all around and the other is the G700 which requires a hardward programming component. My y500 is running the latest bios but in order for me to use the ac dual band, I need to mod it and I see the instructions. My one question though relates to ram? Is ram whitelisted too? I have a 16gb kit of crucial ballistix on it's way and the last thing I want is it to say unauthorized ram!

Can anyone shed some light? Again thanks Lenovo for making everything a hassle!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...