P150HM - GTX680m, wrong vbios

Inverse26

37 minutes ago, th12052 said:

Hello all

This place is full of awesome. I just keep getting cought running down the rabbit hole of info to lose my way back to what I was doing. I have a Clevo x7200 that I would like to get just one 680m to work in. 

Hi and welcome! 

I have a 680m that i have removed from my x7200. i've made sli with 2 680m, but the system works fine with one card,  its a very powerful card.

Sli doesn't have a good optimization. :logik:

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you.

I have a 680m I have put it in. In the BIOS it doesn't recognize it as a 680m. Windows 10 is giving it a generic Nvidia driver. I am lost as to what I need to do. Is it a BIOS update, a vBIOS, or both? Which ones do I use?

Its ok! You have to download the driver of the card, unpack, and mod the inf file. You have to do this because the 680m is not official supported by the clevo (or sager or whatever) bios. 

You can find  useful guide to mod inf file.

If you have trouble i will help you!:sorcerer:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Robigarga 88 said:

Its ok! You have to download the driver of the card, unpack, and mod the inf file. You have to do this because the 680m is not official supported by the clevo (or sager or whatever) bios. 

You can find  useful guide to mod inf file.

If you have trouble i will help you!:sorcerer:

I would love the help. I have looked at a few and they seem straight forward then I start on what they say then find something off in what I see and what I read. I am not sure what the card is exactly. how would I get the "driver of the card"? I have unpacked the latest driver from Nvidia and a few others. Steps 4 and 6 through me off in this guide. I think it is because it is old and I have been out of this editing files for too long.

2017.png

With the latest driver version I have been able to recognize it as compatible but will fail to install drivers. 

Edited by th12052
Update

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...