P150HM - GTX680m, wrong vbios

Inverse26

Hi there,

I got exactly the same problem AS described in that threat:

Same card (Clevo GTX680M 4GB) with a P150HM and the same symptoms. My card also has a Sticker with the vbios version on it, which should be compatible with the P150HM. svl7 is retired, so is there maybe somebody out there, who could help me flashing the card back (I would also pay for it)I can't do it by myself (can't even access the system BIOS) I'm situated in Austria.

Many thanks in advance.

Starting next week I'm in Innsbruck, send me a PM if you have some time to go there. It should be easy in my x7200 which currently has only 1 680M installed.

Edited by sirana
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.1.2016 at 8:27 AM, Inverse26 said:

Hi there,

I got exactly the same problem AS described in that threat:

Same card (Clevo GTX680M 4GB) with a P150HM and the same symptoms. My card also has a Sticker with the vbios version on it, which should be compatible with the P150HM. svl7 is retired, so is there maybe somebody out there, who could help me flashing the card back (I would also pay for it)I can't do it by myself (can't even access the system BIOS) I'm situated in Austria.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, im also from Austria. i am about to flash my GTX680m 4GB Clevo. i have a P170HM. what did you done wrong to encounter this problem. what vbios did you flash?

thanks in advance.

Edited by Doki

Hi,

I did nothing wrong. I got the card with a non compatible VBIOS --> I coudn´t even boot into the BIOS/Boot Options.

For the P1XXHM modell you need the VBIOS Version Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (sirana flashed that one for me). Working now in my P150HM

Download Link:

Additional information here:

Inverse26

Edited by Inverse26
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Inverse26 said:

Hi,

I did nothing wrong. I got the card with a non compatible VBIOS --> I coudn´t even boot into the BIOS/Boot Options.

For the P1XXHM modell you need the VBIOS Version Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (sirana flashed that one for me). Working now in my P150HM

Download Link:

Inverse26

Thank you :) i will try it as soon im able to download the files.

• 7 months later...
On 21/1/2016 at 2:27 PM, sirana said:

@Doki Just as a reminder, don't flash a VBIOS other than 80.04.29.00.01. Anything higher (e.g. the .33 version) will result in the HM being unable to boot.

I have heard that 80.04.33.00.10 vbios let you boot on usb key...

Screenshot_2016-08-19-12-40-10.png

On 21/1/2016 at 0:42 PM, Inverse26 said:

Hi,

Download Link:

Inverse26

Work also for SLI card? 

Thank you! 

Why should it only work with the 29 vbios in the x7200? I ran the .33 OC revised 01 of svl7 in my x7200 until my 680m died a month ago. But yes, that's how you're supposed to flash sli 680m's. I'm not sure whether SLI requires the 29 vbios in the x7200 but I would be surprised if that was the case. You may want to read up on tirenz thread over at NBR if you didn't already. In my experience the 67 vbios sucked though as I ran into stuck clock issues, but the 33 one was perfect.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/x7200-with-sli-gtx-680m-how-it-works-impressions-benches.693234/

Edited by sirana
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Robigarga 88 said:

Wow thank you! I didn't know that! I have bought a 680m with the .33 vbios..now i'm waiting for delivery.  I will put the .33 oc revisited too. 

So if the card has a .67 vbios version it works but .33 vbios is better. Right?

Yeah, for sure. The x7200 was probably one of the most generous notebooks in terms of vbios and GPU compatibility :) For example, I'm running a Dell K5000M in my clevo x7200. Plug &  Play, the stock vbios worked easily, but I even flashing svl7s Dell K5000M vbios on it.

If you have two cards with different vbios' in your x7200 (as the newer card comes with a different vbios) I'm not sure if there is any booting problem because I didn't have this case before. But in the worst case you can remove one, and flash them separately one by one in the master slot to the same vbios, and maybe need to flash the vbios again with indexes 0 and 1 when both cards are inserted.

Enjoy your notebook man.

Edited by sirana

Hi Sirana! finally my Gtx 680m arrived! i have put it in my notebook and i follow this guide http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/x7200-with-sli-gtx-680m-how-it-works-impressions-benches.693234/ to install the drivers...

but i have an error... requires files are missing... the driver are the 310.70 notebook, and i used the tirenz inf file. 

windows detect the card as a microsoft basic display adapter...

can you help me?

thank you!

I forgot... i use windows 10 and i have shout down the driver signature autentication..

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Robigarga 88 said:

Hi @sirana!!

can you please teach me how to make SLI work in my clevox7200?

i've install both of my 680m , the cards were recognised, but no SLI button... Hyper SLI doesn't seem to exist anymore, i've tried different SLI but it didn't work...

can you help me? thank you!!!

Hi, im also running a X7200 with 680M SLi.

update your displaydriver to the latest Version.

Use the lastest DifferentSLI (V1.6):

1. Install Displaydriver (if your running win10, you have to be in "Testmode", just use a Watermark-remover to get rig of the white Text in the corner)

2. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and copy the File nvlddmkm.sys into the DifferentSLi folder.

3. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and pacht it.

4. Run Install.cmd as admin. (it signed it, but fails to copy the file back to the drivers folder. however, we do it manually in the next step.

5. Now your file is patched and signed. copy the patched nvlddmkm.sys back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and replace it with the orig. (make backup first)

6. reboot and you should be able to activate SLi

tell me about your results

Edited by Doki
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thank you for helping me explain @Doki. @Robigarga 88 In addition to Step #1: To enable the "Testmode" you need to

1. press the windows button and type "cmd"

2. run "cmd" as Administrator

3. type in

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

and hit Enter

4. type in

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

and hit Enter

5. Restart your PC, you will see the watermark Doki mentioned in the right-lower corner on the desktop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you guys @sirana and @doki , very nice and helpful, hope someday i can offer you a beer :frantics: !!!!  Got it work!!

on the ember vulpix site there wasn't the 1.6 version of different SLI, is stuck on 1.4version.

with your permit i open a new topic with yours instuctions @Doki and @sirana and i will add all the other instruction that i have found! 

last question... is it a definitive solution or i have to repeat this process each time i install a newer driver? 

Edited by Robigarga 88
  • Thumbs Up 1

your welcome @Robigarga 88 !

beside the Testmode part (thanks @sirana :) ), you have to do this every time, because the driver setup replaces the nvlddmkm.sys with a new unpatched one.

you can find the new 1.6 version by googling it, however im not sure if its allowed to post it on this forum.

you can use my instructions ;)

Edited by Doki
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

Hello all

This place is full of awesome. I just keep getting cought running down the rabbit hole of info to lose my way back to what I was doing. I have a Clevo x7200 that I would like to get just one 680m to work in.