BPlus PE4C V3/V2 discussion

useafo

ok thx man... still thinking if you should take the risk or not...

Another reason, apart from the price, I chose the EXP GDC V8 is that you can connect/disconnect it (it is not soldered) as my miniPCIe is found under my keyboard.. so it is not convenient having the adpater always connected to it. 

Have you tried a miniPCiE extender btw and know if it works?

3 minutes ago, yeahman45 said:

ok thx man... still thinking if you should take the risk or not...

Another reason, apart from the price, I chose the EXP GDC V8 is that you can connect/disconnect it (it is not soldered) as my miniPCIe is found under my keyboard.. so it is not convenient having the adpater always connected to it. 

Have you tried a miniPCiE extender btw and know if it works?

I'm using Expresscard for my setup.

Which extender do you have in mind? It has be something with good build quality to deliver the signal. If you want Gen2 working correctly, less cabling/interference is always better.

7 hours ago, yeahman45 said:

but why are so many users in this thread reporting crashes with PE4C 3.0 ?? Really want to order the PE4C 3.0 to replace my EXP GDC V8 (which crashes now and then with gen2) but PE4C 3.0 is 2 to 3 times more expensive thant the EXP GDC v8 and I don't want to spend so much money for something which will not be stable on gen2.. 

So are users reporting crashes with PE4C v3 just stupid users who don't know how to connect the GPU or are there really issues with PE4C v3 on gen2??

Me either who use pe4c v.3 

And I am still suffering unstable gen 2.

About RMA, that will be costly in my country.

7 hours ago, 3RYL said:

I don't know what's happening to others. But I had performance issues on gen2 with my first PE4C 3.0, so I made an RMA and replaced it with a working one. Probably some manufacturing issue with the cable or soldering...

7 hours ago, 3RYL said:

Yes. I had to return it for them to test it. Strangely it worked on Gen1 and did not crash at Gen2, just had terrible performance.

You're lucky, man.

Btw, I Switch gen 1 And my PE4C v.3 still got crash.

But I'm okay with it

(because of desperation)

11 hours ago, gharimanto said:

Me either who use pe4c v.3 

And I am still suffering unstable gen 2.

About RMA, that will be costly in my country.

You're lucky, man.

Btw, I Switch gen 1 And my PE4C v.3 still got crash.

But I'm okay with it

(because of desperation)

If it's not working even at gen1 then you should certainly send it back.

It may be useful to test your PE4C on a different computer to be sure it's indeed the adapter. I knew my system was able to correctly work with an eGPU because I firstly bought an EXP GDC that ran properly at Gen1 and crashed under heavy load on Gen2 but presented a performance gain. 

About the price to replace it, I had to pay the shipping back to china but BPlus was kind enough to ship the replacement for free, don't know if it's always like this...

The package was declared as $1 so I did not have to pay import taxes again, but then I think you may need to ask them to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am new around here. I just recently bought an PE4C V3 connected via expresscard slot to dell m6800 with quadro k5100m discreet gpu and geforce gtx 1070.

I still trying to get my hardware detected but so far no luck. I cannot see it on device manager.

Tired various things like changing switches on PE4C, uninstalling all drivers. disabling optimus via bios. etc....

I am totally newb so do I need the egpu setup 1.3 to see my card on win 10 device manager?

Here is my setup.

*Edit. There are 4 leds on PE4C. First one is dimming red but it is very faint, second and 3rd one are bright green and 4th one also bright red.

13895051_10153576736331012_1419763440245940523_n.jpg

Edited by astrn
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, astrn said:

Hi guys,

I am new around here. I just recently bought an PE4C V3 connected via expresscard slot to dell m6800 with quadro k5100m discreet gpu and geforce gtx 1070.

I still trying to get my hardware detected but so far no luck. I cannot see it on device manager.

Tired various things like changing switches on PE4C, uninstalling all drivers. disabling optimus via bios. etc....

I am totally newb so do I need the egpu setup 1.3 to see my card on win 10 device manager?

Here is my setup.

*Edit. There are 4 leds on PE4C. First one is dimming red but it is very faint, second and 3rd one are bright green and 4th one also bright red.

1. Ensure the expresscard is enabled in BIOS.

2. Try hotplugging after boot and/or within Windows followed by a device manager rescan. Ensure the delay switches are turned off if trying this.

3. Try sleeping machine, attaching EC slot, then resuming machine followed by a device manager rescan. Ensure the delay switches are turned off if trying this.

4. Failing that, see if you have access to another expresscard equipped to test if it works. If not I'd suspect faulty eGPU adapter.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, autospamfighter said:

Are there any cases or enclosures for the PE4C v3,0?

Still yet

-------------------------

About 3 weeks I use gtx 1060, but...

I got Nvidia driver not responding every I am playing games, This was 2 days ago until today

Btw 2 weeks ago I go for clean install windows 10 and still not receive any update annivesary 1607.

I use 368.81 and 368.95 driver version (use DDU for unintalling driver)

but still yet fix the problem

Should I clean install win 10 again ?

On 8/11/2016 at 2:14 AM, gharimanto said:

Still yet

-------------------------

About 3 weeks I use gtx 1060, but...

I got Nvidia driver not responding every I am playing games, This was 2 days ago until today

Btw 2 weeks ago I go for clean install windows 10 and still not receive any update annivesary 1607.

I use 368.81 and 368.95 driver version (use DDU for unintalling driver)

but still yet fix the problem

Should I clean install win 10 again ?

still yet?

On 8/13/2016 at 3:12 AM, autospamfighter said:

still yet?

I do some research, if My PE4C 3.0 was broken or not

I switch my PSU

from Dell DA-2 to Seasonic bronze 520W

And still yet.

I assume My PE4C 3.0 was defect

should I do another test ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 8:00 PM, astrn said:

Hi guys,

Here is my setup.

Hi astrn.  I just got my PE4C V3.0 Expresscard and GTX 1060 6GB for use with my X230 i5 8gb Win 7 last night and had a similar problem.  I first made sure my bios was the most up-to-date version since I read there were some fixes included.  I actually used your photo to figure out the power configuration.  I was previously only using the 24 pin, then tried the 8 pin + 24 pin, neither worked.  Then I tried your 24 + 4 pin and that was the right combo (maybe you can try different combos).  I then also played with the switches on the board.  The combo that worked for me was setting 3 on both switches.  I believe this causes a delay during the PC boot.  Whenever I turned on the laptop with the Expresscard inserted I would get either 2 green solid lights (the two center lights) or red, green, green, red.  I start with the Expresscard plugged in and computer off, turn on, boot windows and it finally recognized the Expresscard and installed the drivers.  I rebooted as Windows requested and then installed the NVIDIA drivers.  Now I'm on to the next challenge, resolving the Code 12 error and fixing the DSDT.  Maybe someone can just send me the file so I don't have to do all the compiling (although maybe every machine is unique and compiling is required).  Anyway, more problem solving... :)

I got the pe4c v4.1 and installed it into an Intel nuc skull canyon using m.2 key m (x4 pcie).

I performed no software configuration besides installing the nvidia express drivers. It is working hassle free at x4 pcie1.

I was able to play Warcraft and world of tanks within 10 minutes of socketing the pcie card into the slot.

I detailed the experience in the appropriate thread in this section.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

adapter : PE4C V3.0 mPCIe  http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html  with Dell powe adapter

eGPU : Asus GeForce GTX 1060 https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-GTX1060-6G/ 

With modded(unlocked) BIOS for V3-771G in advanced tab set primary display to IGFX and leave switchable graphics work like a charm on laptop display.

Just install driver for eGPU(gtx1060) and optimus work fine on W7 Ultimate/64 and W10 Pro/64.

Done Time spy test on laptop display and I got:

GPU 3270

CPU 2818

Compared with best score using GTX 1060 6GB  and I7 6950X I have 60.7 % not bad for a 2013 laptop

GPU 4765

CPU 12734

• 4 weeks later...

@3RYL @bloodhawk

They are moving their production line from Shanghai to Taiwan, and increasing the price to cover costs.

I contacted them last week for PE4C V4.1 since I'm in Mainland China and their shipping cost is too high through official shop.

A week passed without any reply and I have to call their Taipei headquarter about purchasing.

Then the news came that they have just increased the price. :frantics:

So instead I bought the last PE4C V4.1 on Mfactors, but have to wait much longer before delivery.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ld0891 said:

@3RYL @bloodhawk

They are moving their production line from Shanghai to Taiwan, and increasing the price to cover costs.

I contacted them last week for PE4C V4.1 since I'm in Mainland China and their shipping cost is too high through official shop.

A week passed without any reply and I have to call their Taipei headquarter about purchasing.

Then the news came that they have just increased the price. :frantics:

So instead I bought the last PE4C V4.1 on Mfactors, but have to wait much longer before delivery.

Ah. Thank you for the update. 

Yeah I got mine from Mfactors as well. 

I might sell mine in December though, as soon as my desktop is assembled. 

So I received PE4C v3.0 mpcie 

GPU = GTX 970 Asus Strix
PSU = Corsair CX430

I am having trouble figuring out how to connect the wires from the PSU to the EGPU adapter. I tried checking online for help I cannot find anything, just confusing me a lot. Looking at pictures and everything I am assuming that 1. I have to connect the 24Pin from the PSU to the EGPU adapter ?

2. The EGPU adapter has PWR Output which has 8 pin, Should I Use the 8 pin that I got with it and connect to the GPU or Should I connect the PSU 8Pin directly to the GPU ?
3. Is there any other connection that I am missing here other than mpcie to my laptop?

Thanks in Advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I have "PE4C-EC060A V3.0with "Dell D220P AC adapter". It works properly with my "Radeon HD6770" on my laptop "Dell latitude E5540" (Windows 10). I've changed the GPU to Nvidia Geforce 660 and windows detected it and installed the drivers, but is not working. If I plug and unplug the HDMI wire I can see that the monitor detect the HDMI connection but in the end is not showing anything and the monitor turns off.

I checked the compatibility tables and I think that it should work:
http://www.bplus.com.tw/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

device_manager.png

• 1 year later...

i think i will buy exp gdc beast for first try. do you think ineed atx psu or using dell power supply ?

thanks in advance

On 9/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, dan71 said:

adapter : PE4C V3.0 mPCIe  http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html  with Dell powe adapter

eGPU : Asus GeForce GTX 1060 https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-GTX1060-6G/ 

With modded(unlocked) BIOS for V3-771G in advanced tab set primary display to IGFX and leave switchable graphics work like a charm on laptop display.

Just install driver for eGPU(gtx1060) and optimus work fine on W7 Ultimate/64 and W10 Pro/64.

Done Time spy test on laptop display and I got:

GPU 3270

CPU 2818

Compared with best score using GTX 1060 6GB  and I7 6950X I have 60.7 % not bad for a 2013 laptop

GPU 4765

CPU 12734