BPlus PE4C V3/V2 discussion

useafo

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone link a description about how to set the SW1 and 2 switches properly on the PE4C? I found no directions about it neither on the manufacturer's site, nor anywhere else. I absolutely have no clear idea about their functions, just set them randomly. 

Hi :)

I have PE4C 3.0 EC version

I want this dock moved into mini itx casing (still searching for case). Could I disassembled PE4C from the board ? Am I need PCIE riser for that ?

Sorry for newb question cz,

I'm not expert for engineering

So I'm gratefully for your help guys,

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to buy this for a week and hwtools page says the item is sold out, in amazon usa there aren't more units.

Is there a new version coming or there are any problem?

I want to buy o e to implement a 1.2opt system on my dell m4600 because my exp gdc v7.0 has issues with gen 2 signal.

Edited by eldeantes

• 2 weeks later...

im new  (totally green to the concept of building my own EGPU) and have some questions concerning the newest of the Bplus PCB. 

i have a macbook pro retina 15 2012 with 8gb ram i7 

i want to get better performance in games and editing.

my mac has 2 thunderbolt 2 ports. 

i also have an external 2560x1600 30" display, 

did the pcb get updated recently or are they going to update it soon?

so how do i plug it in via thunderbolt do i have to hak a cable or solder one on ?

can i double my speed throughput by using both TB2 ports [spliced together or something].

what's the most powerful GPU i can buy before the cards get throttled.  my internal GPU is 1gb so i would want at least a 2gb card if not a 3 or 4gb price depending.

PE4C V3.0
(PCIe x16 Adapter)

Does X16 mean 1 x16 lane, or 1x16 1lane or a 2lane so on. how do i get more lanes.

i could do with a comprehensive list of everything i would need to make it work and a cost breakdown so i can work out how much its going to cost in advance. (to work out if the cost will total to more than a pre build egpu device)

Edited by Roars

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this PE4C 3.0 mPCIE and plugged in to my laptop Toshiba Pro L630... It's not working :( the laptop cant detect egpu. Tried the delay switches but no luck. Even hotplugging trick wont work.

Any suggestion guys?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:59 AM, savage24x said:

About to purchase a PE4C 3.0, can I use a standard PSU to power the card and the board, without needing the Dell power supply? Most likely going to be a 770 with a Latitude E6420.

I'm using 600w generic psu. It's working fine with my GTX 960.

Bought mine, no problems yet, 

One gripe that i have though is the mPCIe side, they really made sure to seal the connector down...wide cable and flat which is very nice, but pain in the neck to move around and place on my notebook... W230ST.

Over all solid uniit.

On 3/14/2016 at 1:38 AM, Prokid said:

I bought this PE4C 3.0 mPCIE and plugged in to my laptop Toshiba Pro L630... It's not working :( the laptop cant detect egpu. Tried the delay switches but no luck. Even hotplugging trick wont work.

Any suggestion guys?

The order of the switches should be both set to one.

Youll need the software, setup 1.x

Be patient though because nando got into an accident and right now its going to take some time to send software to people.

also do you have it running to an external monitor?

Any modded bios...

idk if the L630 is blacklisting anything or has any updates for the bios.

Edited by odin2free

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, odin2free said:

Bought mine, no problems yet, 

One gripe that i have though is the mPCIe side, they really made sure to seal the connector down...wide cable and flat which is very nice, but pain in the neck to move around and place on my notebook... W230ST.

Over all solid uniit.

The order of the switches should be both set to one.

Youll need the software, setup 1.x

Be patient though because nando got into an accident and right now its going to take some time to send software to people.

also do you have it running to an external monitor?

Any modded bios...

idk if the L630 is blacklisting anything or has any updates for the bios.

Hi :D

Thank you so much for replying. Anyway, I managed to install the driver and be detected. But now my problem is code 12 error. I cant run it to an external monitor. Every time it runs to a monitor, after a few seconds it will shutdown the whole system.

Using PE4C V2.0 since October 2014, not so frequently just some intense weeks every few months.

Today the laptop seems to not recognize at all the presence of the eGPU, something he do yesterday. No presence as external device in the device manager.

No changes in videocard, drivers, or any other hw part. Tried to switch the EC connector into the second HDMI port but nothing change. Two laptop reboot didn't change anything.

Also interesting to notice both green light on the adapter are on, appear for some way he think still to be connected to laptop even when he is not.

Make sense? There is a failure rate after some time? Need I to do something on the adapter?

----------------------

UPDATE: after another laptop reboot recovering from the standby - reboot cycle (something my laptop do sometimes after using eGPU) the thing is working again...no idea why.

Edited by davide445

Hi guys I was wondering whats speeds does Exp gdc v8 runs on for the expresscard version?

pe4c v3 has gen 3 pcie support so what speeds does or which gen pcie does the latest exp gdc beat v8 support?

I want to use it in my alienware m18x r2 using expresscard adapter. So please recommend me.

Hello!

I just got my replacement PE4C 3.0 and it's working nicely. The first really had a manufacturing problem affecting Gen2 performance.

I can run most games on maximum settings on the notebook screen, though with some mouse delay on some of them, I don't really know why.

Here are the benchmarks with the new PE4C added. Unigine Valley 1.0, Ultra, 1366x768, 4xAA, Directx 11

EXP GDC Beast @x1.1Opt

FPS:29.1   Score:1218   Min FPS:13.9   Max FPS:43.2

PE4C 3.0           @x1.1Opt   (This is still with the first PE4C, I should have re-done it)

FPS:29.2   Score:1220   Min FPS:8.5    Max FPS:44.0

EXP GDC Beast @x1.2Opt

FPS:38.8   Score:1624   Min FPS:4.6    Max FPS:62.5

PE4C 3.0           @x1.2Opt

FPS:41.3   Score:1728   Min FPS:19.5   Max FPS:65.7

What happened to Nando4?

Edited by 3RYL

5 hours ago, 3RYL said:

Hello!

I just got my replacement PE4C 3.0 and it's working nicely. The first really had a manufacturing problem affecting Gen2 performance.

I can run most games on maximum settings on the notebook screen, though with some mouse delay on some of them, I don't really know why.

Here are the benchmarks with the new PE4C added. Unigine Valley 1.0, Ultra, 1366x768, 4xAA, Directx 11

EXP GDC Beast @x1.1Opt

FPS:29.1   Score:1218   Min FPS:13.9   Max FPS:43.2

PE4C 3.0           @x1.1Opt   (This is still with the first PE4C, I should have re-done it)

FPS:29.2   Score:1220   Min FPS:8.5    Max FPS:44.0

EXP GDC Beast @x1.2Opt

FPS:38.8   Score:1624   Min FPS:4.6    Max FPS:62.5

PE4C 3.0           @x1.2Opt

FPS:41.3   Score:1728   Min FPS:19.5   Max FPS:65.7

What happened to Nando4?

You can see his accident on 

btw, could you added Fire strike benchmark ? :)

Is everybody running series six and higher??

Just curious when I get home I will edit this post to help some out with error 12 and such.

I can say that running this has been fantastic...But id like to buy a new laptop with thunderbolt 3 and enjoy bigger numbers so that's for a more reasonable Time this year..

Playing games on a 50" tv for fun is awesome with this... no multiplayer but playing space sims are more than gorgeous

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Hoi, I bought a PE4C v3.0 recently and tried to connect an ATX PSU to it, but the white power input slot has holes for 24 while my PSU has only 20 pins on the connector. It only plugs in with flush with the right side, leaving 4 unfilled on the left.

Is this adapter supposed to have that many pins on the ATX power slot? What is supposed to plug into it?

Edited by Coriasis

Hi. In Fire strike 1.1 on internal display my system got a score of:

4537 total

5658 graphics score (test 1=27.87 fps, test 2=22.02 fps)

3725 physics score (11.83 fps)

2102 Combined score (9,78 fps)

I fixed the mouse lag reinstalling the igpu+dgpu drivers after installing the Nvidia ones. And then Bf1942 ran perfectly at solid 60 fps, as it was very unplayable before.

I did get this problem a couple times before trying the egpu. In this case the Nvidia install messed them up, but those weird dell drivers seem to stop working for no reason and are a pain to bring back to work (That happened one time when I was changing the graphics options in BO2 and suddenly I start getting huge input lag in all games.). But as I saw in my last reinstall, it seems that using the uninstall option on the driver installer rather than the Programs and Features list seems to remove Catalyst Control Center and the Intel+AMD drivers properly, allowing a clean reinstall.

And with that my Unigine Benchmark also got a little better. Score: 1808, FPS: 43.2, Min: 20, Max: 63.8

Edited by 3RYL

36 minutes ago, Coriasis said:

Hoi, I bought a PE4C v3.0 recently and tried to connect an ATX PSU to it, but the white power input slot has holes for 28 while my PSU has only 24 pins on the connector. It only plugs in with flush with the right side, leaving 4 unfilled on the left.

Is this adapter supposed to have that many pins on the ATX power slot? What is supposed to plug into it?

Don't you have a 20 pin psu? My PE4C only have 24pins on the motherboard connector...

If this is the case then you should left the 4 left pins unplugged. Like this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/O8mMO.jpg (As if looking from below the PE4C)

3 minutes ago, 3RYL said:

Don't you have a 20 pin psu? My PE4C only have 24pins on the motherboard connector...

If this is the case then you should left the 4 left pins unplugged. Like this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/O8mMO.jpg (As if looking from below the PE4C)

You're right, I miscounted, it's 24 pins on the PE4C and 20 pins on the PSU.  However, the card doesn't power up when I plug it in on the right. I've verified the PSU with the paperclip test and the adapter "works" when powered from the 12v jack(the charger doesn't have sufficient wattage for the card's TDP though).  Is there something wrong with the cable or do I need a 20 to 24 converter?

5 minutes ago, Coriasis said:

You're right, I miscounted, it's 24 pins on the PE4C and 20 pins on the PSU.  However, the card doesn't power up when I plug it in on the right. I've verified the PSU with the paperclip test and the adapter "works" when powered from the 12v jack(the charger doesn't have sufficient wattage for the card's TDP though).  Is there something wrong with the cable or do I need a 20 to 24 converter?

Did you connect everything to a working computer? It should turn on when connected to a system

On 4/9/2016 at 7:22 PM, 3RYL said:

Did you connect everything to a working computer? It should turn on when connected to a system

Yes, I have it connected to a working Fujitsu Lifebook A Series via an Expresscard slot. Tried again with another ATX PSU and that didn't work either.

11 hours ago, Coriasis said:

Yes, I have it connected to a working Fujitsu Lifebook A Series via an Expresscard slot. Tried again with another ATX PSU and that didn't work either.

Any lights on? Can you describe your cable connections or send a picture?

291220152429.jpg

32 minutes ago, Coriasis said:

The PSU is plugged into a power strip not shown on the right. No lights appear to be on.

Well, I'm not sure how to help now :c

You could try to make sure you expresscard port is working or test the PE4C on another system.

Maybe ask for help in the main DIY eGPU thread. If Nando4 were over here he would be talking with you. I hope he gets better soon.