P150EM Win10 dGPU not running

ssassassa9

I installed Win10 over a Win7 in my P150EM and now games no longer run on the dGPU(970M). My laptop runs on Premamod BIOS and vBIOS. When I tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers it says "No compatible hardware found". If I use a modded .inf the setup will proceed but will fail to install the driver. What should I do to get my dGPU to run in windows 10?

EDIT

Just to add more information, I am running Hotkey 8.01 (power conservation set to performance) and Windows does detect the 970M (it shows up in device manager).

Edited by ssassassa9

I had the same problem in Windows 10 . I ended up installing the drivers from the laptop manufacturer , in my case eurocom. They are from October 2015. Anything newer will not install stock or modded. I had to turn off driver signing and install as admin. I also installed a much older intel driver from 2014. Now everything runs fine , great performance the same as windows 8.1 pro .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi Prema. 

Thank you for the fast reply. I updated the Intel GPU driver. I rolled back the 970M driver to 359.00. Still didn't work. I forced the 3D profile on the games and still they didn't jump onto the dGPU. Do you have any other ideas that might fix this? 

EDIT: Rolling back to driver 358.50 works on windows 10. In the next couple of days I'll try to jump back to Windows 7 and go for 359.6 drivers to see if they work. 

Edited by munbeo
Update problem status

8 hours ago, Prema said:

Just update your Intel GPU driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT-

And don't use any NVIDIA driver newer than 359.00.

Hey Prema. Finally able to get it working. Thank you so much for your help. In fact, I am so grateful that I just decided that I have to donate to you on your blog! (I'm the amser*****@gmail.com email). I hope that you can continue to help the community in the future especially with all the nuisance on latest driver models. 

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, Prema said:

Just update your Intel GPU driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT-

And don't use any NVIDIA driver newer than 359.00.

What's the reason for nothing newer than 359.00? I was about to make a post about being unable to use newer drivers then I spotted this thread.

Hey prema, thank you for your work first of all.

I got a GTX 970m installed and running fine in my p170em. I've flashed the v2 vbios, and naturally, i'm running the v2 prema bios on it.

I've updated the intel drivers as you directed, but still i cant get the drivers to update beside the ones that comes with windows update.

You said above that we can use 360.xx now, but it isnt my case. If this helps, i had to mod the inf to get the card recognized. 
I'm doing something wrong or i'm missing something?

Thank you.

Of course you have to mod the .inf (unless you purchased your card from a prema partner shop).

The reason I said that 361 is working now is that with the old v1.1.1 vBIOS Mod you could use the driver at all, not even with .inf. mod, because NVIDIA upped their game...

1 hour ago, Prema said:

Of course you have to mod the .inf (unless you purchased your card from a prema partner shop).

The reason I said that 361 is working now is that with the old v1.1.1 vBIOS Mod you could use the driver at all, not even with .inf. mod, because NVIDIA upped their game...

So what are my options now?

My card is a genuine clevo but from a private.

After I modded the drivers installation go fine, unless i reboot, then that's a black screen.

Im stuck with old drivers? I don't know what to do.

Vbios is v2, prema is v2. Windows 8.1 x64.

Tried 361.75,359.06...I'm at loss.

• 2 weeks later...

well i installed win8.1 and win10 both twice and gdpu is always active which made me use the laptop 4 gaming only as the gpu fun always spinning is annoying af

and switchable gpu was a big reason 2 get the laptop in the first place...