#OccupyWallStreet (Anonymous Ops)

Nando

Journalist Luke Rudkowski was attacked by Police Wednesday Night while trying to document the Occupy Wall Street arrests in NY. NYPD used pepper spray, batons, and brute force to move protesters away from the entrance to Wall Street after many tried to push through police barricades. Rumors immediately circled that police provocateurs dressed as protesters were to blame for the incident.

Via AnonOps Communications

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to think.. if this was china the front page news would read "6000 PROTESTERS DEAD AFTER MARCH ON TRADING CENTER WAS DISBANDED".

It could be much worse folks.. I agree with our rights to organize. Just a thin line to walk. StevenX

I agree it could be worse, however it is important to draw attention to incidents like this to ensure that it doesn't. It can be a very slippery slope.

I agree it could be worse, however it is important to draw attention to incidents like this to ensure that it doesn't. It can be a very slippery slope.

I agree...

It's now been three weeks since the "Occupy Wall Street" protests began in New York City's Financial District, and the movement has grown, spreading to other cities in the U.S. Protesters have organized marches, rallies, and "occupations" from Boston to Boise, Los Angeles to New Orleans, Seattle to Tampa. Using social media, handmade signs, and their voices, they are voicing anger at financial and social inequality and protesting the influence of corporate money in politics. Seattle police recently arrested 25 protesters camping out in Westlake Park, following on the heels of 700 arrests on New York's Brooklyn Bridge last week. Collected here are a some of the scenes from these protests across the U.S. over the past week, as the movement moves forward with no signs of slowing....

post-204-14494991789889_thumb.jpg

Via Occupy Wall Street Spreads Beyond NYC - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

post-204-14494991788922_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494991789233_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494991789567_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know what's the difference between communism and democracy ? In communism you don't dare to talk about many things, in democracy you can talk as much as you want, but in the end nothing changes..

Of course neither communism nor democracy is in real world what it was supposed to be...

I remember communism (we had here) and know 'democracy'... actually I'm not sure what's the worser one...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Honestly its hard to ascertain what these people were protesting about. I'm from California and I can tell you the hippies out in the Bay Area (where Oakland is located) are fucking annoying and probably deserved a few gas canisters up their butts. The cop shouldn't have fired on the crowd helping the injured guy but the people in the second video seem like propagandist retards.

Well, is hard to see the "all picture"

New York, Oakland , San Francisco (I think), New Orleans, Seattle, Tampa, Paris (I think)...this thing are happening around the globe

But I know you got your point ;)

and yes some of them look like fucking retards

• Thumbs Up 1

We have to remember that there are some people with legitimate concerns who want things to get done. On the other hand, there are band-wagoners who are bringing up completely different complaints up in the occupy wall street protests. That's the beauty of the situation, that when one group gets enough courage to stand up for themselves, that others will follow by example. The issue is that the band-wagoners do not always hold the same ideals. It seems some of the more radical movement units prefer causing fights between them and the police, knowing that the rest of the protesters will think the police are attacking. These groups are taking advantage of the situation to try to prove their point, which by all means isn't being conveyed at all. It is a disgrace that people like that have to come in and ruin a protest that was otherwise listening to the law of the area, such as the New York protesters, who gladly agreed to remove sleeping bags and other equipment when asked. In an effort to compromise, they even agreed to do a mass-clean up of their "Occupied Areas."

Just brings us back to the good ol' law of life. There are people, and there are assholes, no matter who you support.

• Thumbs Up 3