• Announcements

• Brian

User Account Promotion Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING!   12/14/15

As part of the move to our new platform, we did away with the 5 post moderation queue (where new members posts were put in an approval queue) and now all new member posts are not prescreened and immediately visible when posted. However, to maintain a steady stream of quality content on these forums, we have added user account promotion requirements which work a little differently than before.   Upon registering for this website, your account is categorized as "Pre-Promotion" and you can see that status below your avatars. Once you have participated in the community sufficiently over the course of a week , your account will become flagged for review and at that time the T|I moderation team will review your post history over the course of a week and promote you accordingly--as long as you didn't break any forum rules or make spam posts, you are 99.9% certain to get promoted. At that point, as a Promoted User, your account will have full privileges to download anything you like and have enhanced account features enabled such as increased PM quota, increased per post upload quota etc.   If you cannot wait for this promotion period, then we encourage you to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums.    In summary: New user account promotion system that views your level of quality activity on these forums over a span of 1 week with a minimum of 5 QUALITY posts.  Once you have sufficient activity over this week, your account is flagged for moderator review. At that time you will get promoted as long as you had quality posts and didn't violate forum rules (e.g. spam posts, one liners, file begging, complaining etc.). Apart from a few odd members that break the aforementioned rules, almost everyone is guaranteed a promotion. If you do not wish to wait for this promotion queue, you can simply opt for T|I Elite Membership to skip ahead and get your account promoted as long as the membership lasts.  Attempting to circumvent the aforementioned rules may result in an infraction and/or ban. Please review our terms of service.   We feel this is the best compromise we could come up with to maintain our standards of quality for this website and to ensure our limited resources are used optimally.    Thanks, T|I Team
    • Brian

All Promoted & T|I Elite Can Submit Articles   12/26/15

Starting today (12/27/15), all promoted and T|I Elite members will now be able to submit their own articles to the front page for review. This will give you a chance to write about something and have it exposed to thousands of readers that visit Tech|Inferno daily. Additionally, once you do contribute an article and it is approved by an administrator, your usergroup will be moved to "Contributor" status which brings additional privileges similar to T|I Elite. Those additional privileges are still in the works and when finalized, will be posted in this thread.   First and foremost, read our terms of service: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/ti-tos/tos/   Some rules in addition to the TOS to note: All articles, posts, comments, reviews etc. must comply with our terms of service.  If you are affiliated with any company, agency, service or commercial product, you are forbidden from using this privilege. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising fees and space. Anyone violating this policy will have their accounts terminated. You are not allowed to copy/paste articles or works from other sources and must respect copyrights. Doing so will result in your suspension from these forums. Anything you reference in your post must be given full credit either in the body of the article or at the end in terms of sources referenced with a hyperlink to that source. Refrain from the use of BB code tables, you can use one or two if you must but don't go crazy with those. A better alternative is to construct a table in an external program and export it as a JPEG. Do not go around spamming links to your articles on other forums. Sharing it on twitter or FB is fine, but don't hop on another tech forum and start spamming it. If we receive complaints from other administrators of you doing this, we'll revoke your right to post. Articles must be relevant to technology (e.g. PC games, software, networking, computers, notebooks, graphics cards etc). Anything illegal or related to gambling is forbidden. Be professional, check your grammar and spelling before submitting an article.  If you spam a bunch of garbage articles for review and we feel you're doing this on purpose, we will suspend your posting privileges.    How to submit an article video:   It is expected that you watch the above video to learn how to submit an article. All submitted articles must contain the following or they will be rejected:   Title Meta tags (labeled as "Tags" under the Title box) Content (obviously): Must be at least 150 words/2000 characters in length.  Image - Choose Single File: This is the thumbnail image that viewers will see on the CMS index. Try to keep image size under 500px x 500px and size <200 KB.  Appropriate topic selection that fits your article - we keep these limited on purpose. Only choose topics that fall under Front Page News.    In topic selection, do not choose 'Promoted Posts' as that is a category only for administrator and moderator use to promote posts from the forum to the front page. If you do choose it, your article may be rejected from the queue.    Reward  If an article you write receives over 1000 unique views, we may gift you with a $20 amazon gift card/certificate. This gift is subject to our terms and conditions. Any fraudulent views will be discarded and no reward given.   Lastly, follow this topic if you plan to be a regular contributor as we will continue to update this space.
    • Brian

Tech|Inferno TeamSpeak - Come Join Us!   12/28/15

Tech|Inferno is hosting a TeamSpeak channel for those of you that wish to hang out with one another or play as a squad in games. Additionally, if you are a T|I Elite member, it is where you can find me (Brian) there often and can use this as an avenue of contact although you must always first attempt to create a support ticket before seeking assistance on TeamSpeak.   If you are not a T|I Elite member, please do not come on TeamSpeak seeking assistance as account and forum issues via TeamSpeak are strictly for T|I Elite members. Non-Elite members will need to either create a thread in the feedback forum or reply to the existing feedback thread.   TeamSpeak Server: ts3.techinferno.com   Port: 9987 (you shouldn't need this but just in case)   Currently the server is set to host a maximum of around 30 people but if it gets more traffic, we can always purchase a license and increase that total.    Please do not poke any admins unless you are a T|I Elite member in need of assistance.   Thanks.
Xonar

Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

hello me his clift I 29 I'm from belgium

hello from spain, i just bought alienware m14x r1 and found this forum, it's very usefull!

helo i am from america is very good here, have lenovo y480 and am tryin to unlock bios 2 get supr fast wifi card in becaus lenovo no like 3rd party wlan cards haha they are soooo funni company hilarious

Hi there!

newbie over here, I have a Clevo  P170sm for 2 years now and find this forum so full of extremely useful information.

Gretings from Spain!

Hi my name's edd, I'm from the uk.

Got myself a used clevo p170sm recently off eBay for a great price!

Contact Microsoft Support Number +1-877-353-1149(toll free) to fix technical issues in MS office. Get instant technical  help by our best Microsoft customer Support team.If you have any issues while using microsoft outlook . Don’t worry just dial our microsoft outlook support phone number  +1-877-353-1149. You will get instant support from our technicians online.

http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/about.html
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/support-number-for-microsoft.html
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/blog.html
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/contact-us.html
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/terms-conditions.html
http://microsofthelpnumbers.com/disclaimer.html

data.jpg

Hi all, I'm Tiago and I'm from Portugal :) 

Hope to discover new tricks ;)

Hello, I'm Ryan from Australia and I pre-release ordered an Alienware m17xR4 with a 660m some years ago! Rather than bin the thing, I decided to throw a 980m at it, but I'm stuck on a code 43 error. Looking to get an unlocked bios for it, hoping that will get it working. Not really sure why it's so hard to get, besides the fact it's a few years old now. 980m's are getting pretty cheap so I imagine there are a few people hoping to do the same.

Hi, I'm Joe and i recently purchased a Dell m6700 with an intel Core i7-3840QM and NVIDIA Quadro K3000M. I am looking to squeeze a little more out of the k3000m by overclocking it, until i get the cash for a 980m to put into it.

Hello...

My name is Mic and I am from the USA.  Just like most others here, I've been into computers since I was a kid, so many years ago.

I've recently looked into upgrade my wife's Alienware laptop with some new hardware(Video, wifi) and found out that I'm also going to need to update the bios

with a unlocked version..  Really pisses you off when you can't do a simple upgrade to a device that you paid good money more.

So like others in this topic, I'm posting a intro message.

Thanks to all the people that share their share knowledge with the rest of us!

Hello everyone, my name is Anton, from the Philippines. I've been a computer enthusiast for quite some time now but i've really only gotten deep into gaming laptops in the past 4 years or so due to the nature of my job. I find this segment more interesting, especially how manufacturers use new technological advancements in fabrication to create new hardware which are both more powerful and more efficient. I joined this group to able to be able to squeeze out the most out of my current gaming laptop

Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online tech community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!

Funny topic :-)

Well, I am Costas and I joined this portal just to get necessary vBIOS.

(I was unpatient and got 6usd donate to make it quick :baby:

But on the whole - I see lots of interesting stuff.

I am found of hardware and often have my PC overhauled twice per year with big upgrades.

Just like a toy for grown ups. Or, those who aren't really grown ups :playful:

Heyhey,

My name is Vincent and I'm hoping to find enough info on upgrading my AW M17xR4 and giving it a second lease on life.

Current upgrades envisioned: 120Mhz screen & 980m.

Grtz.

Hey, my name is Jon.  I recently purchased an HP 8570w and a Dell m6700.  (One quick note, the HP has a superior build quality)  Moving on, both have i7 processors.  I have upgraded most things on both and now I'm at the graphics cards.  The HP has a Quadro k1000m and the Dell has a Quadro k3000m.  Both need to be replaced, but replacement upgrades certainly hold their value.  I have done a bit of research on both and have decided the vbios on both need manipulation.  Long story short, I found this website and done quite a bit of reading.  So here I am, at the next step.

Just found this site in regards to my M17Xr4. Had to do a little investigating and realized that my computer was basically being slowed down to dell's bios releases.. Anyway, glad to be aboard here!

Hi, I've just registered to TechInferno being attracted by personal involvement of Prema and his BIOS modifications for Clevo computer systems. I hope I'll get Elite Membership eventually and gain the needed privileges to download Premamod stuff.

Hello I'm an aussie, from australia, i am currently using a M17x Alienware *and loving it* but i have been finding that as of late, the computer has been a bit of the glitchy side, *only on certain games*. But the components are intel core i7-4700MQ, 2.4ghz octa core, 16gb Ram *low voltage* (I actually never knew that this alienware featured the low voltage version for ram, i did try using the higher type of ram but, without any success). with a nvidia geforce GTX 770m (3GB graphics card) which i'm looking forward to being able to overclock it. By the way, all components on the laptop have been cool, with a laptop cooler underneath the laptop at all times.

And with my desktop i have built an AMD budget Gaming PC...

Amd AM3+ FX Quad Core 4.2ghz BE 4400.

Asus Strix Radeon 480 (4GB).

8GB ram.

Hi, 

I’m Mike from NE PA. I just found this site while researching egpu and other items I find interesting. I have always been interested in pc’s, gadgets, programming, white hat hacking, protection against malware, etc. Just recently got into RPi. I use Windows, Mac, and Linux. Happy to be a part of the community. 

Hi,

I'm Sam from the Philippines. Saw this site while looking for options for my M17x R3 Alienware. Hoping I could also help others while on this forum.

Hello from india

i have a y510p and this site has some info on tweaking to improve my laptop's longevity and relevance.

Hello all! my name is Asan, i am new here. location: Kuwait. (i am not an Arab) I finally get to register on this forum site. I have an Alienware M17x R3/ i bought it for less than 100$ working but not charging.I am trying to modify it as much as i can, doing it by myself. i registered here because i know most people here have a good knowledge on this matter and so i can seek help from you guys. thank you and looking forward to seek assistance from you guys.. 

cheers!!

Hello there. My name is Pablo. I registered on the forum to be able to download unlocked VBIOSes for my aging 680m and to learn some more about undervolting and possibly overclocking. Hope I can follow your expertise and if I can be of any service I'll be glad to help.