EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Xonar

Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

18 minutes ago, drunkenninja said:

Chill man, I'm not here to judge, and your right, you work with what you have to hand and hope for the best. I started out as a hobbyist like most people in that particular field and only bought equipment when the profits made it viable, it looks like you have done a really great job with the tools available to you. Glad you read up on some stuff.

Any rework station is better than none; certainly for motherboard work to isolate the heat and not hit reflow temps on every BGA on the board especially the tiny RAM chips, all the same, if I'm not wanted here I can go straight through the same door I came in from. Why you so Salty?

Again though looks like you did a good job with the tools to hand, pads looked intact and flush to the board, Reball looked fine also, it has a decent/good chance of success.

It was a joke. I did not mean to be salty. My first few posts on BGA Mods got some skepticism.

I was a bit worried that you immediately seeing the toaster would make you disinterested. The first few replies I got on BGA mods told me to stop trying this stuff.

Edited by Khenglish
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

It was a joke. I did not mean to be salty. My first few posts on BGA Mods got some skepticism.

I havn't been on BGA Mods for over a year probably, I knew the old owner from years back and when he sold the business I lost interest (just coincidence really). I have no idea what shit those guy are talking over there now, when I was a mod there I banned anyone that was rude or derogatory towards anyone interested in this field, I had zero tolerance because there used to be another website (cvxgameconsolerepair I think it was) where they flamed the new members constantly, a pointless exercise to inflate the ego's of the senior members. Not very different to most forums in that respect, but this place seems cool so I wanna hang around for a while and offer any help I can.

If you link me in PM to your BGA Mods post I will log in for the first time in years and give you my support, everything I learnt in this field I either learnt from others or was done by my own practical tests, by the end I pretty much knew everything there was to know and was sharing that information with others.

I might grab some of my guides from over there and see if I can get them posted over here.

Edited by drunkenninja
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, drunkenninja said:

I havn't been on BGA Mods for over a year probably, I knew the old owner from years back and when he sold the business I lost interest (just coincidence really). I have no idea what shit those guy are talking over there now, when I was a mod there I banned anyone that was rude or derogatory towards anyone interested in this field, I had zero tolerance because there used to be another website (cvxgameconsolerepair I think it was) where they flamed the new members constantly, a pointless exercise to inflate the ego's of the senior members. Not very different to most forums in that respect, but this place seems cool so I wanna hang around for a while and offer any help I can.

If you link me in PM to your BGA Mods post I will log in for the first time in years and give you my support, everything I learnt in this field I either learnt from others or was done by my own practical tests, by the end I pretty much knew everything there was to know and was sharing that information with others.

I might grab some of my guides from over there and see if I can get them posted over here.

Again sorry if I offended you. Its great to have you here.

Not sure what core swap I will try next, but there's bound to be one.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

Again sorry if I offended you. Its great to have you here.

Not sure what core swap I will try next, but there's bound to be one.

Thank you, really appreciate that, I posted one quick guide to trace repairs, (not sure it's the right section though) I still need to get used to the sections.

Honestly if you need any advise just PM me, I'm happy to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi all, strikers here. I came across this site looking up information on my alienware 17x laptop. Looks like a great community with lots of knowledgeable people. Hope I can help others too.

Hello to all.

My name is Jeremy passionate manga, anime and especially of computers, hardware, software.

I'm currently a full rebate on all levels about computer techno.

So much for my little presentation.

Sincerely Sougo.

Edited by Sougo

Hi all i have been doing computers since the early ninties up till the present day, I now build my own towers but love the Alienware flexibility. At present i have the m17x rev 3 and rev 4 anf if truthfull i was drawn here by the un locked bios for the rev 4 unfortunatly my excitment was smashed when i was told i could not download until i had made several posts over a week understandable i suppose, Anyway thanks for having me and i will do my best to help where i can.

Hello folks, it's OverTallman the Otaku Racer putting my foot onto the Inferno.

Some may recognize me in NBR, most known as the one who still use a decade-old D420 as a daily driver, and recently purchased a 2570p.

Since I've got my quad core 2570p up and running, I thought I may as well contribute a bit on this matter.

Hope to make friends here, too :)

My current workhorses

ydr1Mn2h.jpg

A7Z66Pqm.jpg        ny3gLwJm.jpg        lcpzOMXm.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right: Dell Latitude E5510, HP EliteBook 2570p, HP EliteBook 2740p, Dell Latitude D420

P.S. Also have a number of other laptops in my collection.

Edited by OverTallman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello Everyone !

I'm new guy on the board and I hope for growing my knowledge :)

Hello everyone. I hope to interact with you gents and ladies and hopefully contribute to TechInferno as well as gain some knowledge and insight.

Greetings. I found about TechInferno while checking for modifications for my Clevo P170EM. I have been enjoying the quality content here. Looking forward to participate in this community.

Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Xenus said:

Greetings. I found about TechInferno while checking for modifications for my Clevo P170EM. I have been enjoying the quality content here. Looking forward to participate in this community.

Cheers!

Welcome. Glad you joined us.

Hello everyone, I'm Talat, I'm new here at TI.

I'm a regular person, not much going on there. Professionally: Illustrator/Artist, Designer, Language teacher (French Advanced, German Basic level). Hobbys: Videogames, Photography, Animation.

DTR: MSi GT7x Series with gtx880m

Custom Desktop: 6700K, 32GB Vengeance3000c15, Maximus VIII Impact, h80iv2, intel 750 series 400gb, gtx1060, all stuffed nicely in a cm elite 130.

Theatre room: BenQ W1070, Custom Audio: Denon (amp), Onkyo D602F (main A), Victor AV3 (main B), Onkyo D202aii & D202ii liverpools as surrounds, 100W Yamaha Sub.

Work Monitor: Eizo FlexScan 2462W (still going strong after all these years!)

Do all my gaming at 1080p, at 100", so I don't need a bigger vga card at all if anyone thinks i've spent so much on audio and hardware and don't even have a 1080, well, I don't need it. Not at 4K yet, so might as well keep saving for an amp that supports 4k passthrough plus a 4k projector!

That's about it. And oh, i'm also a bit of a fitness buff, though I would never compare myself to anyone at all. I was always a weakling since childhood, so I think I have achieved a huge amount by being as fit as I can be withing my limitations. I did 3 rounds of BeachBody's 21DayFix backtoback, then P90X3. *you can't wish for it, you have to work for it!* 

Edited by monsti
all-important hard disk drive missed out!
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hi to all !

Couple of days ago I bought my first gaming laptop Asus G9-971 with 970m and I enjoying it quite alot but as I like to tinkering around it ( had the same "issue" with my desktops some months/years ago;) and found TI forums ,in short,very cool place:)

Gretzz!

Thanks Mr. Fox.

Although, after more than a week, I'm still wondering why I am not promoted yet. I'm still waiting on a promo, so I can get that 880m bios and be rid of my throttling woes for good! (fingers crossed!)

15 minutes ago, monsti said:

Thanks Mr. Fox.

Although, after more than a week, I'm still wondering why I am not promoted yet. I'm still waiting on a promo, so I can get that 880m bios and be rid of my throttling woes for good! (fingers crossed!)

You should check the requirements for downloading content. You can earn the privilege through meaningful  engagement with the community or through an Elite membership, whichever is best for you.

Okay, right, gottit. Well, if more people would have replied to my post, then maybe a conversation would've started, however, besides you that post just stagnated :P I was honestly looking for tons of opinions of many people, but the response was, as you saw, overwhelming :D

Is there a way I can repost that to a troubleshooting thread somewhere on the forum? *wondering*

Hello hi! I'm Shanghai and I'm here cause I need to make my laptop play Overwatch better. Lenovo z41-70, which so far I haven't seen anyone else do.

Hey guys!

I'm Icipher from Portugal. I just found this community because I was searching for bios modding for Clevos.

Hope I can learn new things with you and help too ofc :)

Best regards

Hi im new guy was searching for a bios mod for my laptop cheers