Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Xonar

Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!

I'm here to learn something new. There are a lot of useful guides. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.9.2012 at 10:26 PM, ryangoan said:

hey guys,

thanks for having this great forum where you dont ban people.

i was directed here due to the Tech Inferno Fan ban issue and am showing my support by making this my new home :) and i deleted my 2 threads that i started regarding upgrading an hp probook 4330s to an i7 quad.

ill repost here. cheers!

ryan

 

Hi,

Did you succeed upgrading HP Probook 4330s to i7 quadcore? Please share the cpu model number. I was asking the same quetion on other forums, and someone said that an upgrade to i7 QM worked, but for some reason the CPU performance is restricted. Did you experience any such problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sup, fellas bloodhawk here from the NBR forums. Some of the members from there might have seen my obnoxious posts :P 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from an alien planet....  Nice to finally land....

 

Trying to d/l a vbios and it seems like this site never lets me d/l or tell me why I can't.....  

 

Take me to your leader please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

 

I'm a computer science student and have been lurking TI for a few years for a taste of hardware.  Finally signed up for an account.

And @Trondyne you can't DL files until you've been a member for a week and have 5 quality posts (you probably got a new user message with some useful information).

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

 

I'm about a week late on my introduction. But I found this site when searching about white listed WiFi cards and found out that there is a lot of really good information here.

 

So just call me DJ and just want to thank all the different users who help with modifications.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody, 

 

my name is Mickael and i come from the east of the france, i'm a nbr defector as my major reason to join them 5 years ago was the awesome work done by nando with the eGPU and elitbook ownerlounge threads, and now i've saw what it become without him i've decided to move here.

 

hope i'll bring some usefull stuff in the future

 

best regards

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 5:08 PM, Draekris said:

Hey everyone!

 

I'm a computer science student and have been lurking TI for a few years for a taste of hardware.  Finally signed up for an account.

And @Trondyne you can't DL files until you've been a member for a week and have 5 quality posts (you probably got a new user message with some useful information).

 

Yes, I found out about that wonderful policy....  

 

So I have to find a reason to post a few more times....  Sounds totally reasonable to me... :/

 

I particularly like how after 2 posts it says I have zero... Very nice. 

Edited by Trondyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this while googling for mods for my Asus G751JY.

 

I see you have a nice forum here. Although I'm a software developer by profession, I like to tinker with hardware as well (including some embedded stuff, such as tablets and routers).

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been registered here a while it seems but never had the chance to check the place out fully until today...

 

This place is pretty cool, I was deep into the Reflow and Reball scene of all BGA chips until around 6 months ago when I got bored of it, I know quite a bit o the subject and have helped may people start-up and repair boards over the years on other forums.

 

The software side has always intrigued me as a failed student of programming, if you guys have any questions about reballs or reflows hit me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drunkenninaj said:

Been registered here a while it seems but never had the chance to check the place out fully until today...

 

This place is pretty cool, I was deep into the Reflow and Reball scene of all BGA chips until around 6 months ago when I got bored of it, I know quite a bit o the subject and have helped may people start-up and repair boards over the years on other forums.

 

The software side has always intrigued me as a failed student of programming, if you guys have any questions about reballs or reflows hit me up.

 

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brian said:

 

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

 

 

 

 

More than happy to help out, I have a lot of tricks I used to do when repairing board traces and reseating BGA tips.

 

I'm still the 2nd highest poster over at BGA Mods on 1,636 posts, wrote quite a few guides there as well before stepping down as a Mod to try new things.

 

Thanks for the warm welcome by the way!!!!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Brian said:

 

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

 

 

 

 

I just noticed my username is spelt wrong xD.

 

Do you think you I could abuse you admin privileges and ask you to change it to drunkenninja.

 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Welcome, bro. Glad you're here @drunkenninaj.

 

12 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Welcome to possibly your new home.:)

 

 

Thanks so much, msg me anytime, I'll keep an eye out for posts I might be able to help on...

 

Edited by drunkenninaj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brian said:

 

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

 

 

 

 

Brian be careful when telling professional BGA people what I do... they tend to cringe at my toaster oven use and proceed to vomit.

 

A toaster oven works more than never though. Using the thermocouple to tell me when I need to crack the door open gives me better temperature regulation than any bga station under $1k.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khenglish said:

 

Brian be careful when telling professional BGA people what I do... they tend to cringe at my toaster oven use and proceed to vomit.

 

A toaster oven works more than never though. Using the thermocouple to tell me when I need to crack the door open gives me better temperature regulation than any bga station under $1k.

 

Chill man, I'm not here to judge, and your right, you work with what you have to hand and hope for the best. I started out as a hobbyist like most people in that particular field and only bought equipment when the profits made it viable, it looks like you have done a really great job with the tools available to you. Glad you read up on some stuff.

 

Any rework station is better than none; certainly for motherboard work to isolate the heat and not hit reflow temps on every BGA on the board especially the tiny RAM chips, all the same, if I'm not wanted here I can go straight through the same door I came in from. Why you so Salty?

 

Again though looks like you did a good job with the tools to hand, pads looked intact and flush to the board, Reball looked fine also, it has a decent/good chance of success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, drunkenninja said:

 

Chill man, I'm not here to judge, and your right, you work with what you have to hand and hope for the best. I started out as a hobbyist like most people in that particular field and only bought equipment when the profits made it viable, it looks like you have done a really great job with the tools available to you. Glad you read up on some stuff.

 

Any rework station is better than none; certainly for motherboard work to isolate the heat and not hit reflow temps on every BGA on the board especially the tiny RAM chips, all the same, if I'm not wanted here I can go straight through the same door I came in from. Why you so Salty?

 

Again though looks like you did a good job with the tools to hand, pads looked intact and flush to the board, Reball looked fine also, it has a decent/good chance of success.

 

It was a joke. I did not mean to be salty. My first few posts on BGA Mods got some skepticism.

 

I was a bit worried that you immediately seeing the toaster would make you disinterested. The first few replies I got on BGA mods told me to stop trying this stuff.

Edited by Khenglish
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

 

It was a joke. I did not mean to be salty. My first few posts on BGA Mods got some skepticism.

 

I havn't been on BGA Mods for over a year probably, I knew the old owner from years back and when he sold the business I lost interest (just coincidence really). I have no idea what shit those guy are talking over there now, when I was a mod there I banned anyone that was rude or derogatory towards anyone interested in this field, I had zero tolerance because there used to be another website (cvxgameconsolerepair I think it was) where they flamed the new members constantly, a pointless exercise to inflate the ego's of the senior members. Not very different to most forums in that respect, but this place seems cool so I wanna hang around for a while and offer any help I can.

 

If you link me in PM to your BGA Mods post I will log in for the first time in years and give you my support, everything I learnt in this field I either learnt from others or was done by my own practical tests, by the end I pretty much knew everything there was to know and was sharing that information with others.

 

I might grab some of my guides from over there and see if I can get them posted over here.

Edited by drunkenninja
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, drunkenninja said:

 

I havn't been on BGA Mods for over a year probably, I knew the old owner from years back and when he sold the business I lost interest (just coincidence really). I have no idea what shit those guy are talking over there now, when I was a mod there I banned anyone that was rude or derogatory towards anyone interested in this field, I had zero tolerance because there used to be another website (cvxgameconsolerepair I think it was) where they flamed the new members constantly, a pointless exercise to inflate the ego's of the senior members. Not very different to most forums in that respect, but this place seems cool so I wanna hang around for a while and offer any help I can.

 

If you link me in PM to your BGA Mods post I will log in for the first time in years and give you my support, everything I learnt in this field I either learnt from others or was done by my own practical tests, by the end I pretty much knew everything there was to know and was sharing that information with others.

 

I might grab some of my guides from over there and see if I can get them posted over here.

 

Again sorry if I offended you. Its great to have you here.

 

Not sure what core swap I will try next, but there's bound to be one.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

 

Again sorry if I offended you. Its great to have you here.

 

Not sure what core swap I will try next, but there's bound to be one.

 

Thank you, really appreciate that, I posted one quick guide to trace repairs, (not sure it's the right section though) I still need to get used to the sections.

 

Honestly if you need any advise just PM me, I'm happy to help.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, strikers here. I came across this site looking up information on my alienware 17x laptop. Looks like a great community with lots of knowledgeable people. Hope I can help others too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to all.

My name is Jeremy passionate manga, anime and especially of computers, hardware, software.

I'm currently a full rebate on all levels about computer techno.

 

So much for my little presentation.

 

Sincerely Sougo.

Edited by Sougo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all i have been doing computers since the early ninties up till the present day, I now build my own towers but love the Alienware flexibility. At present i have the m17x rev 3 and rev 4 anf if truthfull i was drawn here by the un locked bios for the rev 4 unfortunatly my excitment was smashed when i was told i could not download until i had made several posts over a week understandable i suppose, Anyway thanks for having me and i will do my best to help where i can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.