EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Xonar

Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi Everybody.

Long Time lurker, I've been researching for eGPU  solution and you guys have been the most complete on this subject.

Cheers.

Hi there, i'm Qndrez, or Q.

My knowledge leans more toward software than hardware, but i'm looking forward to learning lots in both categories.

See you around :)

Hello guys, 

I recently signed up on T|I to learn more about the fascinating mods out there for notebooks. I have a G46vw, had for a year and 9 months. works fine, bought used with a lost keyboard key/button. I came to this forum when i saw a post on Google search about a mod for the G46vw because MSI Afterburner would not unlock the fan settings and i was hoping this would do the trick and unlock some hidden features. I never knew there was such works on the web before. I'm also thinking about getting this baby cleaned and trying to add a dedicated eGPU and make this last a bit longer. I'm looking forward to learning about the awesome knowledge the community contributes to this forum and ways to improve old technology and make that old notebook into something worth still using with some included mods. 

Thanks, Lime.

Hello, Dale7G here.

Looking to download unlocked gt783 Bios to stop the damn cpu throttling.

I have the Throttle Stop program, but I need this bios now.

HELP!

Hi to all and I'm proud to be a newbie.lol!

I would like to introduce myself. I'm Tony and the reason why I am joining this forum, is because, I am enjoying reading others thoughts and opinions and I also love to share what I want to share (does it make sense? Since, this is my first post, I am glad that anyone could help me or give me some advice on how to have a good post in forums.

Thanks biggrin.gif

hello everyone. So glad to find this forum. was really looking for some help with my laptop disassembly and found a guide for it on here. thanks.

Hi im a new user here. :) hoping to learn new stuff from u guys. 

and thank you for teaching me how to flash mod bios of my y510p

Hi guys!

I'm here to learn something new. There are a lot of useful guides. Thanks

On 11.9.2012 at 10:26 PM, ryangoan said:

hey guys,

thanks for having this great forum where you dont ban people.

i was directed here due to the Tech Inferno Fan ban issue and am showing my support by making this my new home :) and i deleted my 2 threads that i started regarding upgrading an hp probook 4330s to an i7 quad.

ill repost here. cheers!

ryan

Hi,

Did you succeed upgrading HP Probook 4330s to i7 quadcore? Please share the cpu model number. I was asking the same quetion on other forums, and someone said that an upgrade to i7 QM worked, but for some reason the CPU performance is restricted. Did you experience any such problem? 

Sup, fellas bloodhawk here from the NBR forums. Some of the members from there might have seen my obnoxious posts :P 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm from an alien planet....  Nice to finally land....

Trying to d/l a vbios and it seems like this site never lets me d/l or tell me why I can't.....  

Take me to your leader please.

Hey everyone!

I'm a computer science student and have been lurking TI for a few years for a taste of hardware.  Finally signed up for an account.

And @Trondyne you can't DL files until you've been a member for a week and have 5 quality posts (you probably got a new user message with some useful information).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello everyone,

I'm about a week late on my introduction. But I found this site when searching about white listed WiFi cards and found out that there is a lot of really good information here.

So just call me DJ and just want to thank all the different users who help with modifications.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everybody, 

my name is Mickael and i come from the east of the france, i'm a nbr defector as my major reason to join them 5 years ago was the awesome work done by nando with the eGPU and elitbook ownerlounge threads, and now i've saw what it become without him i've decided to move here.

hope i'll bring some usefull stuff in the future

best regards

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2016 at 5:08 PM, Draekris said:

Hey everyone!

I'm a computer science student and have been lurking TI for a few years for a taste of hardware.  Finally signed up for an account.

And @Trondyne you can't DL files until you've been a member for a week and have 5 quality posts (you probably got a new user message with some useful information).

Yes, I found out about that wonderful policy....  

So I have to find a reason to post a few more times....  Sounds totally reasonable to me... :/

I particularly like how after 2 posts it says I have zero... Very nice. 

Edited by Trondyne

Found this while googling for mods for my Asus G751JY.

I see you have a nice forum here. Although I'm a software developer by profession, I like to tinker with hardware as well (including some embedded stuff, such as tablets and routers).

• Thumbs Up 1

Been registered here a while it seems but never had the chance to check the place out fully until today...

This place is pretty cool, I was deep into the Reflow and Reball scene of all BGA chips until around 6 months ago when I got bored of it, I know quite a bit o the subject and have helped may people start-up and repair boards over the years on other forums.

The software side has always intrigued me as a failed student of programming, if you guys have any questions about reballs or reflows hit me up.

1 minute ago, drunkenninaj said:

Been registered here a while it seems but never had the chance to check the place out fully until today...

This place is pretty cool, I was deep into the Reflow and Reball scene of all BGA chips until around 6 months ago when I got bored of it, I know quite a bit o the subject and have helped may people start-up and repair boards over the years on other forums.

The software side has always intrigued me as a failed student of programming, if you guys have any questions about reballs or reflows hit me up.

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

Hey @drunkenninajwelcome to the community and I think @Khenglish @Mr. Fox and @johnksss would definitely be happy to have another hardware enthusiast on board that can help w/projects they come up with. Khenglish as you noticed is embarking on core swaps so if you have any tips that could assist him, definitely get in touch here on the forums. 

More than happy to help out, I have a lot of tricks I used to do when repairing board traces and reseating BGA tips.

I'm still the 2nd highest poster over at BGA Mods on 1,636 posts, wrote quite a few guides there as well before stepping down as a Mod to try new things.

Thanks for the warm welcome by the way!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

I just noticed my username is spelt wrong xD.

Do you think you I could abuse you admin privileges and ask you to change it to drunkenninja.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Welcome, bro. Glad you're here @drunkenninaj.

12 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Welcome to possibly your new home.:)

Thanks so much, msg me anytime, I'll keep an eye out for posts I might be able to help on...

Edited by drunkenninaj

7 hours ago, Brian said:

Brian be careful when telling professional BGA people what I do... they tend to cringe at my toaster oven use and proceed to vomit.

A toaster oven works more than never though. Using the thermocouple to tell me when I need to crack the door open gives me better temperature regulation than any bga station under $1k.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Khenglish said:

Brian be careful when telling professional BGA people what I do... they tend to cringe at my toaster oven use and proceed to vomit.

A toaster oven works more than never though. Using the thermocouple to tell me when I need to crack the door open gives me better temperature regulation than any bga station under $1k.

Chill man, I'm not here to judge, and your right, you work with what you have to hand and hope for the best. I started out as a hobbyist like most people in that particular field and only bought equipment when the profits made it viable, it looks like you have done a really great job with the tools available to you. Glad you read up on some stuff.

Any rework station is better than none; certainly for motherboard work to isolate the heat and not hit reflow temps on every BGA on the board especially the tiny RAM chips, all the same, if I'm not wanted here I can go straight through the same door I came in from. Why you so Salty?

Again though looks like you did a good job with the tools to hand, pads looked intact and flush to the board, Reball looked fine also, it has a decent/good chance of success.