Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Purchased a Dell M6700 for working with Solidworks back in 2012. Now instead of buying a new rig to game with I'll put some money into this. My dell came with a K4000M that I've been satified with, but I just decided to order a K5000M of of ebad because it only cost about $350. I'm also going to flash the bios, so I thought it's probably a good time to research the right way of doing so. I'm going to flash the K4000M first, If successful the K5000M will follow. Next will be unlocking the Dell motherboard bios.

I was exploring the interweb on a mission to find an updated BIOS for my wifes P370EM/NP9370 when I happened across a trail of bread crumbs that lead me to this world of wonders. Now that I am here I will be reading and learning on my mission to acquire the BIOS I desire.

Cheers to all.

Hello my name is Brandon! I have a Clevo p150em, I've had the laptop since December 2012, it comes equipped with a Nvidia GTX 675MX and a Intel i7 3630qm (it gets the job done for the most part). I've seen the best of days with this laptop and the worst of days. I have had a lot of BSOD when I first got this laptop but now its fixed. I am looking into getting a desktop by the end of this year as my laptop is starting to becoming dated ( I want to be able to run Fallout 4 at max settings). I am a gamer at heart, my favorite game series being DOTA 2 and Fallout.

Greetings! For gaming/personal, I have a Lenovo y510p SLI version, with 1TB SSD and upgraded to 16GB of RAM. For work (SQL/C++/C#.NET development), I have a Dell Inspiron 15 (2014 model) with 1TB SSHD and 8GB of RAM. :)

My previous laptop was an old Acer Ferrari 3400, my precious, I maxed out the RAM and even had a PATA SSD, it booted linux to KDE login screen in about ~6 seconds which is not bad for a ~10 year old laptop. But it was destroyed in a flood along with my desktop systems & SAS storage array. :(

Hello... I'm new here but seeing this forum as excellent

- - - Updated - - -

I also forgot to post what Laptop I have. I've got a MSI FX420 that has a Intel i5-2410M and an ATI HD6470M graphics card. The card does not work to well as once there is 3d on the screen, the laptop cuts off.

Hoping that Clevo releases a new 14inch because 15 inchers are too big.

Hello, I came across this forum on a google search trying to find some tech support. Found what I needed and decided to stay! Currently rocking an ROG Asus laptop since I'm constantly traveling and can't maintain a full desktop PC.

Hello,

I stumbled across this forum while researching eGPU. I have a mid 2012 Non retina i7 Macbook Pro. As soon as my parts come in I am upgrading to an SSD 16gb of ram. I have been a console gamer for along time, but there are a few PC games that have my attention now so I had to upgrade my HDD as my Windows portion is full. I hope to take a day off soon and go to Akihabara to get parts for my eGPU upgrade after I have figured everything out. I taught myself a little bit of soldering by repairing old Famicom and Superfamicom consoles and putting region switches in Gamecubes and what not.

Hello All! Im new to this form and look forward to asking questions and what not. I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and have been doing IT related things for about ten years now. I'm trying to meet that 5 post limit because I want to download that unlocked y500 bios mod. I bought a new Wifi card for my laptop and i can't use it until I get it. So if anyone would like to give me another download link... I would be forever grateful! Its nice to join this form! :)

Hi guys, I was trolling the web and found T|I... interesting reading and great posts.

Been out of the "scene" for a while I started playing ARK: Survivor... the FPS just sucked... eventually I found my problem: "15 PerfCap Reason / Utilization" (thanks to leads found here).

If anybody can give me some guidance it will be much appreciated!

(M6700/k4000m/16gb/SSD-striped)

HEy Everyone!

It's glad to be here. I'm a Lenovo Y500 with 650m SLI. It would be nice to say this rig is fun to own but unfortunately not. Sooo many issues with sli config, disabled functions and retard bios. I would like to improve my feelings with the help of the techinferno community. Wish you all the best things and high OC numbers!

Greetings from Montenegro