Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Mac here, was having issues with a m17x r4, swapped out my 7990M Radeon for a 880M Nvidia card. After alot of research this was the only place i could find with sane people and some know how. Anyway this is a great social networking site keep it up!

Its Robert here , im currently doing some lethal upgrades on my: m17x r2 , m17x r3 , m17x r4 and m18x r2 .

lol I was a asus guy before but not now except for laptops.

Nothing much to say about my self , il be lurker around the forums to see up coming stories.

Hi im litoid! and i love reading things on the internet, as my knowledge brought me to this site which i see there are many things to do and see!

currently im working on updating my alienware mx17 r3 into a 780m, it's not the best card out there but def a great step for a 460m..

still having issues understanding the modded inf, but its a trick as far as i can see.

im from ecuador, and ill be moving around this forum.

salut :)

New here, had no idea that there were people out there modding laptops like I see here. In a way, I guess that makes me glad my video card is trying to die a slow painful death. I had figured it was time for a new machine! I'll get to that aspect. First though, machine is a Clevo 1510HM, I ordered it just before the SATA bug became public then had to wait months for my machine to be shipped to me! I generally don't buy laptops that often....wow....just realized this thing is 5 years old....and that's about as long as I keep laptops! This thing is still kicking though! I bought it through AVA Direct, which I highly recommend you do not since for a cross ship of parts, not only do they put a hold on a debit card, but have a $50 non-refundable charge! That's ludicrous! My wireless card died after a while, still under warranty when I had that issue with them! It wasn't worth the $50 that they had a fee on! Anyhow, back to the story, this machine is awesome. I dumped 16GB of ram in it and a 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, so I can dedicate 8 to a VM which runs almost non-stop. for one thing, I run autodesk inventor in the VM. No issues. Quite fast. Love it. Despite being 5 years old, this thing is in no need of replacement. My only complaint with the machine has been its weight. I don't take it with me much because its so heavy! I decided a while ago, despite the lack of graphics power, my next "laptop" (probably not popular here) would be the MS Surface Pro. I say not so popular since its not like its really moddable. But its light, its a haswell i7, 512GB SSD, great battery life, and to be honest, that stupid pen is awesome. I'm just not quite sure its up to everything my trusty P150HM is up to! So I don't really want to abandon it yet despite the impending Surface Pro purchase. Suddenly I find it might be possible to stick an NVidia 680M in here?! I found one on ebay 4GB clevo model, ready to pull the trigger despite the price. Decided I needed to search the forums for info on it, and blast, gotta register. And then what if I can't directly find the info I need? Might need to post! Gah! I'm a career lurker.....a leech! Not a poster :) Anyhow, that's me. So on to searching for info on replacing my dieing gtx485m...

Oh, and by slow painful death, I mean today it BSOD'd, rebooted, screen started flickering in the top center, load a web browser, BSOD. Reboot, BSOD. Shut it off for a few hours and come back, and its ok. I've had other BSOD's on the NVidia driver as well throughout the life of the machine. Hard to claim warranty when it still works as well as it does for as long as it has! This machine owes me nothing! I just want it to run a bit longer, so I figure I saw some other stuff about processor upgrades, power supply upgrades made necessary by the other updgrades.....so I'm off to see if I can figure it out, or maybe beg someone to put it all in one place :)

• Thumbs Up 1

This will be short...

Hi,

Im a computer geekand a gamer. I have a Lenovo Y410P and I also am a flight simmer.I love intel and nvidia, and i also dislike dell but favor lenovo and logitech.

here to figure out this stupid thing with my lenovo y410p where it disconnects my internet every few mins when i am playing a game..

hey there, been very interested in overclocking my hp 8770w so thought id sign up and get abit more info.

i game on it alot, prolly should just buy and make a gaming pc but eh whats the fun in that haha

Hello,

heard alot about the OC'ability of my gt 650m and after 2,3 years of standard usage the performacne of my Notebook is lacking. Before i buy a new one, i'll try to OC my MSI ge60 0nc as heat emissions seem very good on this one.

Fellow MSI ers feel free to contact me via pm.

cya

Hey all. I was planning on upgrading my lenovo y510p wireless card.... and then realized I had to get around the whitelist. Thus, I'm here! These forums seem to be a pretty incredible resource for all sorts of BIOS modifications, so I'm looking forward to learning all I can. Any helpful things I should be aware of (that aren't on the main y510p BIOS thread) before I start the process of unlocking my BIOS?

- - - Updated - - -

This may be a silly question, but do you have your PhysX engine turned on under the NVIDIA settings (right-click, nvidia graphics options)? I wasn't able to turn on my SLI until I had this box checked. Good luck!