Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

hi all, I found this site looking for Lenovo y480 bios info. I didn't have the posts at the time to get anything but the site has since provided lots of information for other stuff I've needed. I'm currently using that y480 but am planning an upgrade soon. Great forum!

I've been visiting these forums off and on for advice for years, it was about time I joined, though it really is for getting a couple files I need to repair a customer's MSI whitebook at work...

Anyway, Hi I'm Shaun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi;

I'm tehmwak. I like poking things with a multimeter and slapping them with a soldering iron.

Currently I'm trying to make my lenovo y410p into a somewhat more usable PC. Currently its randomly slowing down to a crawl and is somewhat unstable... With no tech support in Australia (Was not sold here. Had to order it from the US) it's really hard to get parts in a timely manner.

Well. That's more than I intended to type. But it is what it is...

Hello,

I am an IT instructor by day, PC gamer, PC Tech, DIY repair guy by night. I currently have a Lenovo Y510p, HP Probook 6560b, and HP mini 1000? (the little netbooks) within arms reach. I also have lots of other laptops in our labs and in home. Enjoying all the cool trends in laptops and other mobile style computing devices. Found the forums looking for a bios to fix my Lenovo Y510p whitelist so I can try out some different wireless cards. Looks like an interesting forum and look forward to contributing when I can.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi everybody!

I'm an computer enthusiast and came here in my search for tips and knowledge, especialy about the laptops vbios and unlocked bios'.

Will look forward to explorer all the nice stuff here!! :Banane35:

Hey,

I'm a Computer Engineering Technology student and love tinkering with computers and anything tech related. I've built many desktop computers and now I'm stuck with a Y510p that doesn't like to be messed with. I bought a nice wireless card for it (Intel 7260 HMW) thinking I'd just slap it in there and be off to the races. I certainly learned my lesson. On the bright side, now I get to mess with the BIOS. :)

Hi, My name is james

I own an alienware 18 with which i like to watch movies,play games,and relax with while listening to some music, also since i got it I'm feeling curious and even more interested in the hardware/software world and the pleasures it has to offer,that's why i'm here reading your posts and learning something more about this interesting world :)