Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

hi everyone ! My name is matthew in english and Mathieu in french. So i'm french, yes, from France.

I found this forum with google for my laptop M17x R4.

I think the tech|inferno can resolve my problem with my laptop so i'm here for this !

Thank you !

Mike here i really just want to be able to download so I registered and of course learn lol

- - - Updated - - -

i guess i need 5 post

- - - Updated - - -

lol

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, just wants to upgrade my ms-16f.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to post five replays to download something...

- - - Updated - - -

You can delete my masseges if you feel im spamming or something

- - - Updated - - -

And i dont want to post nonesense in other threds...

- - - Updated - - -

...so im doing this.

btw a realy nice forum u have here!

@Hemperror these only count as one post as they must of been posted in short time apart. Also you should know as well posts in General Offtopic sections of the Forum will not count toward those 5 posts. Cheers.

Same in your case as well @hayfit

• Thumbs Up 1

hello ,

i am here to get my alienware m18x r2 tweaked and to utilize the machines full potential ... i would also like to thank those who make it possible and share their work with the rest of the community.

you people did an awesome job

thanks

Hello.. I've been repairing/modding PC's since around 1985... I have owned at one time or another: Timex Sinclair (ZX81), Commodore 64, Atari ST, Tandy 1000 EX, Apple Lisa, Amiga 1000, Commodore SX64, Tandy Model 100 Portable Computer, Mac Color Classic, Atari 400, Atari 800XL, and a slew of clone PC's that I built/fixed and way too many laptop/notebook/netbook/ibook G3/G4/macbooks to list... I started overclocking in the early 90's and have custom built expansion boxes for the C64 and Tandy 1000 EX (had a 20MB HD in a makeshift external box with three 8bit ISA slots I hardwired to the motherboard), also eventually upgraded the CPU with one of those 286 CPU cards, the one where the ribbon cable goes back to the original 8088 CPU socket).

I currently have a Lenovo Y580 that's my main PC. I was using a Lenovo Y510p with the GT 755m SLI, but I gave that to my wife with a Corsair 240GB SSD installed. I just got the Y580 at a local flea market for insanely cheap (guy selling was a cop, so I don't think it's hot...), I just don't think he knew how good it was. The left CTRL key was broken and he didn't think it was worth fixing. So, now this is my current project. I want to upgrade the CPU, redo the thermal paste (I usually use Ceramique 2), install the custom bios stuff (this is what led me here), and maybe make a ODD exhaust fan if there's not one readily available for this model. Oh.. I already fixed the CTRL key :)