Member Introduction Thread - Post Here!

Hi guys, I'm from NBR (although I'm kind of late in joining compared to the wave of members that joined 2 years ago). I joined NBR a few months after my Dell Inspiron 1525 died (physical frame failure). At that point I started using a Thinkpad T61 along with a Dell tower (nothing too crazy); overtime I helped people troubleshoot and gave advice when I could. When I'm on the forums, I usually spend time reading the threads instead of posting (the main reason why my post count is low). At one point, I started the BOINC team (inspired by DR650SE's F@H thread for NBR's team) for NBR and it was quickly forgotten (I helped compute 1 million points alone before I stopped). When I asked for advice regarding issues I had with my computers, few members bothered to reply and left me on my own to fix my problems. When it came to certain discussions, some members chose to belligerently reply (some of these replies weren't even logical). My intentions of my posts are to share information of my problems or contributions so others are informed of their choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

HI everyone,

Just joined the forums yesterday as I was searching for a fix to the Bios of my M14x. I've had the this guys coming up on three years and have enjoyed it since day one and yesterday I finally installed a Samsung 840 EVO just looking to keep things speedy on this laptop. I've always tweaked any computer I've owned and this looks like a site with lots of useful information for me. I'm not a software developer or connected to the industry in am means, just an enthusiast who likes to mess around with technology to get it to do what I want it to do. I do have a tendency to lurk in forums, until I have a question that I can't use the search function to answer or I can actually give some input on something.

Jeff

• Thumbs Up 1

Heya guys.

I joined the forum mainly to learn and install modded bios so I can use much better wifi card for my y410p. But I'm sure as I continue staying in this community, I will learn more than just what I came here for and that's usually the case :)

Howdy, howdy, I'm TK421. Been a professional support tech for 12 years now, mostly in the great north left but a couple years on Oahu, and I'm most definitely not at my post.

Hi to everyone,

I joined searching unlocked bios for my laptop.

Looks like loots of interesting information is here.

I have MSI G-series laptop with swapped CPU and GPU, so I looking for all kind of information about modded rivers, flashing bios, performance issues etc.

Have some experience in IT Troubleshooting

I came from Poland, so sorry if I make some mistakes writing English.

Hello,

I found this forum via my search for things to change on my new Laptop... unfortunately there are things to do ;)

Greets S.

P.S.: I have to ask, I answered a thread and it occured the message that a mod has to check this post before it will be displayed. Now if I check the thread nothing is displayed anymore (not even any message that I wrote an answer which has to be checked) does that mean it has been deleted or that it hasn't been checked yet?

Hello,

I found this forum via my search for things to change on my new Laptop... unfortunately there are things to do ;)

Greets S.

P.S.: I have to ask, I answered a thread and it occured the message that a mod has to check this post before it will be displayed. Now if I check the thread nothing is displayed anymore (not even any message that I wrote an answer which has to be checked) does that mean it has been deleted or that it hasn't been checked yet?

From your end, you can't tell either way. But if it is a new post, it just means it is in queue. Turn-around is almost always under 24hrs. It is invisible to you even in queue, not sure if that can be overhauled without a complete re-work. You can assume if something did post successfully then disappeared it is in queue. If it has been a while then it may have been deleted due to not being a quality post.

The mods are scattered around the world so there tends to be someone up at any given time. It takes us a bit sometimes cause things do come up (like I've been pretty sick for the past week).

---

At least it appears you have read the rules unlike some other people :D

Hi all...just joined to forum after coming across it in my search to get rid of the whitelist on my Lenovo Y500 so I can get rid of the junk Centrino 2230...just ordered myself up a new Centrino 7260 2x2 AC/Bluetooth card to pair with my new WRT1900AC router (Had the Nighthawk, but the power supply died). Im a system admin and enjoy tinkering with all things technology, and it seems like there is some good information here. Figured I'd stop in and say hi.

Ah thanks for your answer. I just thought something went wrong. Wow, that means you check every single post made in nearly any thread here in the forum? Quite a lot work to do... :thumbs up:

Until a member has 5 quality approved posts, all posts made are verified one-by-one by the admins/mods. After that point then they don't have to be manually approved (but that doesn't mean you can spam low-quality :P )

Hello, I found this site will trying to find some fixes for my wireless card in my lenovo y510p. After looking through the site it definitely seems too have a ton of information and a good community so I hope that I can learn and help contribute in some way!

Hello all!

Been tinkering with PCs since 1999. Done numerous desktop hard mods (mb volt mods, gpu resistor and vr mods, the dreaded "pencil" mod LOL) and built my own custom water cooling systems. BUT...I've never owned a lappy till about 2 weeks ago when my buddy's M17X R3 blew the gpu and he sold it to me for peanuts. Just got the MSI GTX 680m and Googled my way here trying to get maself edumacated ;-) before trying anything crazy.

Looking forward to leaching info off the knowlegable folks here to OC this lappy into a beast. :-)